Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] NextGen Image Quality in IE

Old Jun 30, 2011, 09:14 AM
allyevans

35 posts · Aug 2010
I am using the NextGen gallery with the thickbox effect. I have a couple of issues:

1. the images look really really bad / pixelated in IE7 (they are high quality images), so is there a way for me to either apply a different effect just for IE or stop the thickbox from working in IE?

2. can I change the thickbox color from white to black? I have done several searches but haven't found a good answer.

I am using Atahualpa 3.6.7 and WP 3.1.4 and my site is http://www.alexiscoram.com

THANKS!!
Old Jun 30, 2011, 01:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) have you swapped to twenty ten to see if it is theme related?
2) are they ok in other browsers?
Old Jun 30, 2011, 01:43 PM
allyevans

35 posts · Aug 2010
Yes, they look fine in all other browsers. I started reducing the file sizes for upload and it looks a bit better but still not very good.

If I switch the theme will all of my Atahualpa changes be maintained?
Old Jun 30, 2011, 03:27 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You could perhaps try using a "lightbox" plugin such as Shadowbox JS or Easy Fancybox to see how they work.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 04:19 PM
allyevans

35 posts · Aug 2010
Nice suggestion, Larry. I had tried a few previously but none that worked properly. Easy Fancybox is working well and definitely improved the IE quality. THANKS