I have a problem and don't even know where to start looking to fix it: I have "rogue" content showing up in my sidebar after moving to a new server. I'll try to describe what I did, maybe one of you may have an idea where this text settled itself, so I may delete it:
I need to move my wordpress installation to a new server and thought I'd combine that with an upgrade and general clean up. Brilliant idea - in theory.
So, I did the following steps:
1. Installed a brand new wordpress
2. Exported all data (via the export function in the dashboard) from the old installation
3. Imported that data into the new Installation
4. Implemented Atahualpa
5. Exprted all Ata-Settings from old Installation (.txt file)
6. Imported all Ata-Settings into new Installation
So far so good.
Except what looks like a category tree is now firmly lodged into my right sidebar. I put two widgets in there (search and recent articles) hoping that they would overwrite or somehow push out that rogue content - no such luck.
Do you have any idea where that might be coming from and how to get rid of it?
I did install Bug-fixes 1,3 & 4
I tried already turning of all plugins - nothing.
I hope that one of you has a bright idea, where this may stem from.