Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click Here To DONATE! Support the theme development, get more attention and additional benefits based on your donation level. Your forum name will be highlighted.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Small issue with Styling a Widget

Build custom WP THEMES, without
Click here for THEMEFRAME

From the author of Atahualpa, the #1 most
downloaded (700,000+) theme @ wordpress.org
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jun 14, 2011, 07:44 PM
291 posts · May 2009
Texas and New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to sleenie
Small issue with Styling a Widget

I've got a 3 celled widget area in my footer. Here is the code.

<?php bfa_widget_area('name=footer1 widget&cells=3&align=1&width_1=210&width_2=581&width_3=210&width_4=100&align_2=1before_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="header-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>');?>
I have managed to get cell 1 and cell 3 exactly as I want them. Cell 2 is giving me some problems. it is below the others and I can't seem to get it flush like the others. (Here is the site) I have a background image that I'm using. This is the the code right now for the middle widget.

/*     Footer1 Widgets*/
#footer1_widget div.widget {
    color: #fff;
    background: transparent;
    text-align: left !important;
    margin-left: 0;
    margin-top: -20px;

#footer1_widget_2 {
    background-image: url("http://irisdvs.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/ctr.jpg") !important;
I need to move that image up some and it seems I've tried everything. (obviously not everything). I used a background image because I need to have a horizontal scroller across it. i had the scroller working fine, but just couldn't get the image moved up. I've used Firefox but 'm at a loss. I can bring the iamge in via a text box but then it's much harder to use the scroller.

I have to say, I am getting better with these widgets. The last 4 websites i used widgets a lot and don't know how I got along without the option before. Thanks Flynn for putting them in and tanks Larry and Paul for being so helpful.
"Plan your work for today and everyday...then work your plan"

styling widgets, widgets