Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click Here To DONATE! Support the theme development, get more attention and additional benefits based on your donation level. Your forum name will be highlighted.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] How to remove delete or get rid of "Sample Text Widget"

Build custom WP THEMES, without
coding.
Click here for THEMEFRAME

From the author of Atahualpa, the #1 most
downloaded (700,000+) theme @ wordpress.org
Old Apr 14, 2011, 12:14 PM
helpsolve

15 posts · Apr 2011
USA - California
I've seen posts that tell you to add a blank text widget to get rid of the the sample text widget.

The best way to do this really is to delete these lines In footer.php and header.php

<h3>A sample text widget</h3></div>
<div class="textwidget">
<p>Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis
<a href="http://wordpress.org/">euismod dolor nec</a> pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa. </p>
<p>Nam sodales mi vitae dolor <em>ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan</em>.
Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. <strong>Nulla nulla lorem</strong>,
suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna. </p>
</div>

<div class="widget widget_text"><div class="widget-title">
<h3>A sample text widget</h3></div>
<div class="textwidget">
<p>Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis
<a href="http://wordpress.org/">euismod dolor nec</a> pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa. </p>
<p>Nam sodales mi vitae dolor <em>ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan</em>.
Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. <strong>Nulla nulla lorem</strong>,
suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna. </p>
</div>
Old Apr 14, 2011, 12:44 PM
juggledad

22,249 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.8.5 WP 3.8.x Atahualpa 3.7.x Safari 6.x Firefox 25 XP
Whie that will work, you will have to remember to do it each time you update the theme. By adding a widget to the sidebar it becomes a site option and will continue to exist during theme upgrades.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 06:47 PM
helpsolve

15 posts · Apr 2011
USA - California
I see,

However, for my situation it works the best since adding any kind of text widget, hides the other items I wish to see on the right hand side. I didn't want to have to mess with figuring out the spacing issues tweaking it little by little until I can see the other items I want.