Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Upgrading from 3.4.4 to 3.6.4 and to WP 3.1

Old Feb 25, 2011, 02:58 PM
PrairieProg

12 posts · Dec 2008
I'm hoping to avoid confusing myself as I search the forums. I'm using ATA 3.4.4 on WP 3.0.5 and want to upgrade both. Three basic areas of concern:

1. Any problems or anything special I should do in jumping from 3.4.4 to 3.6.4 or am I "safe" following the manual upgrade instructions in juggledad's FAQ?

2. How do I get my theme options/modifications from 3.4.4 into 3.6.4 given the former doesn't have an export feature? Are there files or folders in the 3.4.4. folder (or in my database) I can copy into 3.6.4 to do that or do I need to write down my options and set them manually in the new version?

3. Upgrade WP first and then ATA or vice versa?

Hope questions aren't too dumb. I know just little enough to make myself dangerous when mucking around with my database.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 03:06 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieProg
I'm hoping to avoid confusing myself as I search the forums. I'm using ATA 3.4.4 on WP 3.0.5 and want to upgrade both. Three basic areas of concern:

1. Any problems or anything special I should do in jumping from 3.4.4 to 3.6.4 or am I "safe" following the manual upgrade instructions in juggledad's FAQ?

2. How do I get my theme options/modifications from 3.4.4 into 3.6.4 given the former doesn't have an export feature? Are there files or folders in the 3.4.4. folder (or in my database) I can copy into 3.6.4 to do that or do I need to write down my options and set them manually in the new version?

3. Upgrade WP first and then ATA or vice versa?

Hope questions aren't too dumb. I know just little enough to make myself dangerous when mucking around with my database.
1. The manual upgrade instructions should work fine.

2. The theme modifications should transfer just fine with the manual upgrade. If they don't or you get a blank screen just switch back to 3.4.4 and post your issue on the forum. Being able to switch back is one of the benefits of the manual upgrade.

3. I don't think it makes much difference but I would do ATA first just "because".
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:13 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I've done the theme upgrade first and then WP on a few sites, and the other way around on others. I always do a database backup first in either case. Usually, I wait and do any plugin updates after the theme and WP updates. So far, no problems, but my hosting company, hostgator.com, doesn't seem to have any built-in issues.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 09:51 AM
PrairieProg

12 posts · Dec 2008
Thanks. Did ATA first and then WP and am happy to report it appears everything went off without a hitch.