Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

menu not working properly after upgrade

Old Jan 24, 2011, 10:06 AM
dncoltman

9 posts · Jun 2010
I am doing a big site for a client but since upgrading either Wordpress or Atahualpa (did them at the same time so not sure which) the menu bar is screwed up. It is easier to show than explain. Here:

http://edinburghinteractive.co.uk

As you can see, the last menu item always appears dropped down, no matter how many items there are. Is this fixable? The site is going live soon. Thanks.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 12:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
well, not knowing what you updated from and to or if you checked and applied any BUGFIX's (New Version & Updates forum) and I don't quite understand what you mean by
Quote:
last menu item always appears dropped down
I can't offer any advice, sorry.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 12:11 PM
dncoltman

9 posts · Jun 2010
atahualpa 3.5.3 to 3.6.1
wordpress 3.0.1 to 3.0.4

it is easier to see on the site. the last menu item on the right hand side is dropped down and appears to be duplicated and overlays another one underneath, see here:

http://edinburghinteractive.co.uk

the last item, 'Home' is not aligned with the rest. it is always the last item too, irrespective of the number of menu items.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 04:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I can't see any issue in IE8, Safari or firefox
Home will always be the last because it is the auto generated page for the blog and when you use %page-right, the order is flipped.

I seem to remember there is a thread talking about how you can use the %page-center and a 'float:right' to make it look good.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 06:45 PM
dncoltman

9 posts · Jun 2010
thanks for that.. it's ok, i know all about aligning and ordering the page and menu bars ;-)

it is a problem with chrome as it is ok in ie and firefox and safari when i checked.

i have attached sample to show you what it looks like. something to bear in mind i guess for all developers who want to target chrome users. i hope it will be fixed one day. i will use a custom menu for now though. thanks again!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sample.jpg
Views:	1325
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	1071