Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Atahualpa 3.5.3 does not recognize child theme's CSS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 13, 2011, 04:17 PM
Battra

4 posts · Jan 2011
Atahualpa 3.5.3 does not recognize child theme's CSS

I want to add a couple of page templates to my site (one with no sidebars, another one with no header and no sidebars) so I created a child theme and put my templates there. I also have a CSS that looks like this:
Code:
/*
Theme Name: Atahualpa Child
Theme URI: http://example.com
Description: Child theme for Atahualpa
Author: Battra
Author URI: http://example.com
Template: atahualpa353
Version: 1.0.0
*/
@import url("../atahualpa353/style.css");

/* Hide header */
body.page-template-nosidebar-php div#imagecontainer {
display: none !important;
}
If I put the styling in the style.css file of the child theme, it's not recognized and the header is still displayed. If I put the styling in the "Add HTML/CSS Inserts", it works.

Why doesn't Atahualpa recognize the child theme's CSS? I prefer to put the styling in the child theme since the templates reside there.