Right I am trying to set up a website at http://mattlevanecologist.com/, I know *absolutely nothing* about coding, programming etc and chose wordpress because I was told it was easy for a beginner to use and attahualpa because on browsing the themes I came across something saying it could be customised easily.
Unfortunately I'm stuck on trying to get it looking how I want, I've tried browsing this and other forums for questions similar to mine but the answers are all over my head being along the lines of 'open the xyz file' or 'go to this line of code'. I need instructions in very very simple terms telling me where to click on the screen, what to type etc.
With that in mind I hope someone can help with the following I want to do.
1. Put the site title and tagline in the header bar - with the tagline appearing once.
2. Move the row of buttons linking to different pages to below the header bar.
3. Make a page called News that is listed in that row of buttons and carries my blog posts
4. Tak the links to subscribe to posts and comments off the pages that are not blogs
5. Make it so home only appears once in the row of buttons
6. Take off the line where it says uncategorised.
I realise this reads like I'm asking someone to design the site but I am extremely stupid with computers and could spend the rest of my life trying to work this out be randomly fiddling with things or trying to understand how to guides. If anyone can just point me to where the controls for these things are it would be a massive help.