Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click Here To DONATE! Support the theme development, get more attention and additional benefits based on your donation level. Your forum name will be highlighted.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] update from 3.3.3 to 3.5.3 -- is deleting "bfa_ata_" options safe?

Build custom WP THEMES, without
coding.
Click here for THEMEFRAME

From the author of Atahualpa, the #1 most
downloaded (700,000+) theme @ wordpress.org
Old Nov 21, 2010, 07:40 AM
jgehrcke

6 posts · Jun 2009
Hi!

I'm just accomplishing the update 3.3.3 -> 3.5.3. I'm "playing safe" within a copy of my website, so screwing anything wouldn't be bad.

3.3.5 somehow "imported" my old settings automatically (the custom CSS inserts e.g.). Did it import everything from my 3.3.3 version?

I then did some changes in the theme options and then saved these new options. Then I was reading that all options are now stored in one database field instead of many: in the "bfa_ata4" field. Fine, I thought, then I can delete the old crap, because it's not needed anymore, because aaall my settings are now within bfa_ata4 ... and I searched like this:

SELECT * FROM `wp_options` WHERE `option_name` LIKE 'bfa_ata_%'

Then I deleted them all. For the moment, it looks like everything is still working. Good. But -- of course -- now I ask myself if I perhaps have lost something. I should know this, before I make this new system live

Was deleting all these bfa_ata_* options safe?

Thank you for this hard work!

Last edited by jgehrcke; Nov 21, 2010 at 08:08 AM. Reason: typo in version number!
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:53 AM
juggledad

22,170 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.8.5 WP 3.8.x Atahualpa 3.7.x Safari 6.x Firefox 25 XP
yes it was safe, the first thing that happens when you upgrade is the options from all the 'bfa_ata_...' rows in the database are read then merger into one row, the 'bfa_ata4' row. so at that point, you have two copies of your settings. If you pressed the 'delete bfa_ata4' row it will delete it then look to see if you have the 'bfa_ata_.. rows and build it from there, or if it doesn't find them, if builds it from the defaults.

once the bfa_ata4 row is built, the other rows are just clutter and can be removed, just remember after you delete them, don't press that 'delete bfa_ata3' button...and

BACKUP your data base (doing an export of your style settings is a good idea too ato->Export/iImport Settings->Export Atahualpa settings as file
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:31 PM
jgehrcke

6 posts · Jun 2009
Thank you for the clarification!

We can mark this as resolved :-)