Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click Here To DONATE! Support the theme development, get more attention and additional benefits based on your donation level. Your forum name will be highlighted.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Page editor has disappeared

Build custom WP THEMES, without
coding.
Click here for THEMEFRAME

From the author of Atahualpa, the #1 most
downloaded (700,000+) theme @ wordpress.org
Old Oct 28, 2010, 04:04 PM
mcphoto

116 posts · Apr 2009
Just did a new install of ATA 3.5.3 on a new install of WP version 3.01; no plugins uploaded yet, just some basic styling.

I created my first page, hit publish, and it didn't appear on the site menu; I went to page menu/edit page, and almost all of the page editor is missing. Mostyl a blank white page with the "publish" and "attributes" boxes on the right, and a big blank area where the editing screens should be.

Switching to the default theme fixed the problem - it's only doing this with ATA.

I searched the forum for "page editor", etc - haven't found a thread - anyone encountered this before? Thanks!

Last edited by mcphoto; Oct 28, 2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: typo
Old Oct 28, 2010, 07:13 PM
juggledad

22,265 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.8.5 WP 3.8.x Atahualpa 3.7.x Safari 6.x Firefox 25 XP
who is your host?
Do you know how much memory is allocated?
what version of php are you running?
Old Oct 29, 2010, 08:16 AM
mcphoto

116 posts · Apr 2009
Site is hosted with 1&1; I'll check the php version, but I built a site on a 1&1 plan a week or two back with WP 3.0 and this version of ATA with no issues.

I did realize on this site that I'd created a Wordpress menu - first time I've used that, and I hadn't manually added pages to it; so there's where the pages were. Still no page editor in ATA though - comes back in other themes.

Getting server errors when I try to activate any plugins as well - haven't tried that in other themes, about to keep troubleshooting.

Site is here:

http://s345944973.onlinehome.us/
Old Oct 29, 2010, 09:58 AM
juggledad

22,265 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.8.5 WP 3.8.x Atahualpa 3.7.x Safari 6.x Firefox 25 XP
1&1 use to default to php4 - do a google search '1&1 php faq' i think they explained how to enable php5
Old Oct 29, 2010, 10:22 AM
mcphoto

116 posts · Apr 2009
Thanks and I'll check that -

I checked the 1&1 site I did recently - it was a previous version of WP, not sure which.

Also, both sites have some mods to header & footer.php; so this morning I exported my ATA settings from the problem site; made a new DB; deleted everything from the server; uploaded the same older version of WP that worked on my last ATA site... and got the text editor back. Reinstalled ATA options, added my edited header & footer, & checked each time... page editor never died.

Looks like for some reason 3.01 is the issue for me this week; the client is so behind on this site that I have no time to suss that out. For now I'll keep building.

And hey Juggledad - I may PM you later about doing some "donation" work, I've been really struggling with some menu issues and haven't gotten any of the forum suggestions to work - thanks for your help 'round here!