I just signed up.
I'll explain what I'm after and hopefully Flynn or any of the mods(?) can answer if he's too busy.
1) I don't mean to start my Q's by mentioning a competitor but how does this compare with e.g. Artisteer?
2) Does TF come with either a) an Options page (ie functions.php) or b) (even better!) the ability to create an options page? If "no" to both, Flynn, you really ought to SERIOUSLY consider adding this functionality, even if it's just ** color picker for bg, ** color picker for text (a, a:visited, a:hover, etc.), load header, add resize images (timthumb.php), etc. etc. Please tell me TF has an options page that is modular and customizable
4) Can I create my own themes not only for myself, but to be able to sell as templates? Think WooThemes, et al. I'm currently developing my own themes in Photoshop and I was just going to tweak the TwentyTen theme (or similar GPL theme), add my own graphics, CSS styles, etc. but if TF can work like I think it can, it's even more powerful than Artisteer (which I own but don't care for much).
5) Does all the output code validate (xhtml/css) and I assume all is fully compatible with WP 3.0.*?
6) Is the beta test license still available for $80?
7) Are there ANY license restrictions I should know about if I want to create themes to sell? Is there a footer link for example or any problems with creating themes to sell?
I think that's about it for now. I'm sure more Q's will pop up later lol
From what I've seen, it's pretty awesome for developers. I think "newbies" not familiar with CSS etc. would struggle a little but so far it's right up my alley and I look forward to future updates.
I hope someone can answer my Q's asap!