Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] page align not working IE, but working in other browsers + headers not rotat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sep 10, 2010, 03:33 AM
mafgirl

79 posts · May 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
[SOLVED] page align not working IE, but working in other browsers + headers not rotat

Hello all,

I have my own website running on Atahualpa which is working brilliantly. I am now putting together a website for a client and also running it on Atahualpa, and ran into two hiccups:

No1: text/photos do not align the way I designed it, when displaying it on Internet Exporer, although other browsers like Safari, Mozilla and Google Chrome, it works fine. How do I fix this? Background: I have made a table ( http://patsypics.com/test-home-page/ ) in an attempt to get pictures and text aligned how i want them. my client wants the homepage to have pictures linked to a purchased plugin called 'Magic Zoom' that allows you to see a zoomed in image on rollover. It works by displaying a smaller picture and linking it to a larger resolution picture. I have all of this working and also a picture underneath which is text linking to another page. there a 3 of these and aligned in a table with a header and footer, making a header consisting of two pictures that are text, the body of one picture and picture link on the left-hand side in one column and two pictures with a picture link under each in the right hand side column and a footer underneath with text. this is all working perfectly in all browsers, BUT in IE it looks different every time I refresh with the pictures displayed smaller and smaller each time..
what could be the problem causing this? I have included a screen shot of how IE displays it and how Safari displays it

The other question is, i cannot rotate the header.. On my own website (mafgirl.com it is working perfectly and I have the settings set the same way on patsypics.com: there are 4 different header pictures in the correct folder on the website, and it does display the different headers when refreshing a page or navigating to a different page. the rotation with javascript is set to 5.
I have searched the forum and the only thing that i could find is that is it possible a plugin conflict. i have deactivated all plugins and that didnt make a difference.. there are only a few in there as i hardly use any at the moment. the new one, Magic Zoom, does not display in the plugins page as it is java script and css code that you FTP to the site and then integrate into the post/pages and is from http://www.magictoolbox.com/magiczoom but I doubt this is the problem as I have only installed it in the last few days and the header was already not rotating.

Really hope anyone can help me with this, I have already donated to Juggledad as he has previously helped me greatly with some issues. But let me know if you want me to donate more

Thanks ever so much! Marjolijn
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PrtScSafariWithMagicZoom.jpg
Views:	1727
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	740  Click image for larger version

Name:	PrtScIE.jpg
Views:	1864
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	738  Click image for larger version

Name:	PrtScSafari.jpg