Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click Here To DONATE! Support the theme development, get more attention and additional benefits based on your donation level. Your forum name will be highlighted.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

[SOLVED] Customized RSS-feeds in sidebar widgets

Build custom WP THEMES, without
Click here for THEMEFRAME

From the author of Atahualpa, the #1 most
downloaded (700,000+) theme @ wordpress.org
Old Apr 3, 2009, 11:39 AM
21 posts · Mar 2009

I developed a site with your theme that is working the way i want. When moving the site to another server and domain (same host) with exactly the same plugins, theme, wordpress version some of the customized imported RSS behaves very strangely.

I use text-widgets with the ExecPHP and SimplePie plugins and some times the KB Advance RSS plugin. When moving the site the feeds doesn't seem to accept html tags. I have tried to copy all files to the new server and now reinstalled everything from scratch but I can't get it to work as before.

As it should be: temporary url www.roxipher.com/wordpress
As it is now: www.erikhassle.com/wordpress

What have I missed?

Extremely thankful for any answer.

Old Apr 4, 2009, 05:17 PM
3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
On erikhassle.com change the Atahualpa theme directory from /atahualpa 3/ (note the space) to /atahualpa3/ to fix broken images in IE. This might fix the RSS issue as well. If not I'd suggest you compare the web server setting, i.e. mime types and firewall settings
Old Apr 8, 2009, 02:35 AM
21 posts · Mar 2009
The problem was a bug in PHP and the libxml2 library.

I first tried the fix that can be loaded as a plugin but it didn't work.

My server host upgraded to libxml2 2.7.3 and PHP 5.2.9 and the problem was solved!

More info about the problem here:

execphp, host, rss, simplepie