First of all, this is a very very kool theme and thank you so much for sharing this.
Now, if anyone could please help me out, that would be great. I'm a beginner and started building this site for my retired dad. Thanks a bunch in advance.
I installed wp into a sub domain, blog.domain.com. I changed the config file (href) so that the top logo will point to www.domain.com. I'd like to include a navigation like that points to www.domain.com in the category menu pages bar underneath the rotational image in the header.
This below doesn't work for what I am trying to do. I just want to include "Home" that points back to www.domain.com in that category menu bar while keeping all the functionality in tact. Other pages I created should point to blog.domain.com so the existing functionality works perfectly.
Thank you so much!!
----from Flynn's post from Oct 2008------
1) Create the "Greetings" page, with content.
2) Create a blank page for the new blog posts homepage named i.e. "News".
3) At Site Admin -> Settings -> Reading -> Front page displays, choose:
"Front page displays" -> "A static page"
"Front page" -> [Greetings page you created earlier]
"Post Page" -> [blank "News" page you created earlier]
4) At Atahualpa Theme Options -> Page Menu Bar, delete the "Home" from "Home link in Page Menu Bar" and change "Sorting order of Page Menu Bar" to "menu_order" in case you've changed that.
5) At Site Admin -> Pages, click on all pages and watch the menu tab "Attributes" on the right side. Change the value of "order" to move the pages around in the page menu bar. For instance, give the "Greetings" page the lowest value to put it on the left end of the page menu bar, and give the blank "News" page the highest value to put it on the right end of the page menu bar.
I'd recommend to give the pages values like 100, 200, 300 ... instead of 1, 2, 3 .... That way you can always sort a new page in between two older pages without having to change the "order" value of all pages all over again.