Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Languages & Translations »

Translating Atahualpa 3 - Please read before translating

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 28, 2008, 06:08 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Translating Atahualpa 3 - Please read before translating

Please send your .mo plus the .po file to the email that is included in atahualpa.pot along with URL & name for a credit link, or attach it in a post here in this thread

The .po file will not be included with the theme but I need it to do small changes if i.e. line numbers change in a new Atahualpa version.

PoEdit might throw an error related to "% comments to" while you try to save the result but it should work regardless if you just ignore that and save the file. I'll try to fix that annoyance in the next release.

If you're unsure as to how to name your file (Example: de_DE.po for German) see http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Localization for a list of language abbreviations.

Please put your .mo file into /wp-content/themes/atahualpa3/ on your Wordpress installation and test it in a blog in the respective language, i.e. do plurals and dates work?

Post in this thread if you started working on translation, so others don't work on the same language.

Already available:
  • German: de_DE.mo
  • Hungarian - Magyar: hu_HU.mo
  • Czech: cz_CZ.mo
  • Portuguese: pt_PT.mo
  • Slovenian: si_SI.mo (new)
  • Turkish: tr_TR.mo (new)
  • French: fr_FR.mo (new)
  • French (Altern. version): fr_FR_2.mo (new)
  • Polish: pl_PL.mo (new)
  • Dutch: nl_NL.mo (new)
  • Bulgarian: bg_BG.mo (new)
  • Italian: it_IT.mo (new)
  • Vietnamese: vi.mo (new)
  • Japanese: ja_JP.mo (new)
  • Japanese (Altern. version): ja_JP_2.mo (new)
  • Spanish: es_ES.mo (new)
  • Swedish: (new) will be added in 3.2.1
  • Norwegian: (new) will be added in 3.2.1
  • Russian: (new) will be added in 3.2.1
  • Arabic: (new) will be added in 3.2.1
Please include an URL somewhere, either in the .po file or in your Forum profile, or post/PM it, so I can give you a credit link in the release post.

UPDATE for 3.2: Dear translators, I've updated all .mo/.po files to match 3.2 myself, there's no need to update your files for 3.2. I will however localize the default terms in the Theme Options ("Home", "Category", "Tags", "One Comment".......) for one of the next versions, and once that is done, it would be good if you could create new .po/.mo files.