For those trying to use the adrotate plugin with Atahualpa, here is my suggestion (it works fine on my installation):
- Install the 'adrotate', 'sidebar shortcodes', and the 'widget logic' plugins. The 'text widget' you'll use is already installed with Wordpress.
- Use the 'text widget' to set up group ads in any or all of the widget locations you've set up using the Atahualpa theme.
- Determine on which pages, sections, tags, etc that each specific 'text widget' will appear, using the 'widget logic' box at the bottom of each 'text widget'.
- Determine which ad or group of ads will appear in each location you've set up using the shortcode system for adrotate on the 'text widget'.
- Further details are provided in the documentation for each of the mentioned widgets. Read up on shortcodes and conditional tags in the Wordpress documentation.
This system makes it easy to target ad placement precisely to specific areas of a page or type of page. For example, you can set up banners to rotate on tag archives that relate to specific tags, or only on the home page, or only on specific page pages, etc.
PS: This works with Atahualpa 3.4.4 and Wordpress 2.8.6