Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click Here To DONATE! Support the theme development, get more attention and additional benefits based on your donation level. Your forum name will be highlighted.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Gap between Sidebar & Column

Build custom WP THEMES, without
coding.
Click here for THEMEFRAME

From the author of Atahualpa, the #1 most
downloaded (700,000+) theme @ wordpress.org
Old Oct 9, 2009, 03:13 AM
dogfishman

3 posts · Oct 2009
Hi,

I am trying to have a gap between the left sidebar and the central column as both of these have a different colour background to the actual page colour, does anyone know if this is possible?

You can view the work so far here >> http://www.dogfishmen-blog.co.uk/ I just need some red spacing between the two things.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Stewart
Old Oct 9, 2009, 05:30 AM
juggledad

22,188 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.8.5 WP 3.8.x Atahualpa 3.7.x Safari 6.x Firefox 25 XP
Play with the padding of the center column (ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->Center column style)
Use 'padding-left: 15px;' for example
Old Oct 9, 2009, 05:45 AM
dogfishman

3 posts · Oct 2009
Hi, many thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

I have tried this and also tried to do padding-right 15px; for the left sidebar, but for some reason it won't go.

Adding padding seems to extend the background rather than put in a gap.

Frustrating... has anyone got any other ideas?
Old Oct 9, 2009, 06:03 AM
juggledad

22,188 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.8.5 WP 3.8.x Atahualpa 3.7.x Safari 6.x Firefox 25 XP
Actually what padding does is set an transparent area that the background can be seen thru, but now I see what you want.
Add a left inner sidebar with nothing in it but give it a width you want and set the background to transparent. that should do the trick
Old Oct 9, 2009, 06:31 AM
dogfishman

3 posts · Oct 2009
Jackpot, thank you very much. I had tried that and couldn't get it to work, then I noticed 'LEFT INNER sidebar: Display on:' buttons were all unticked.

Many thanks, have a great weekend.