Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click Here To DONATE! Support the theme development, get more attention and additional benefits based on your donation level. Your forum name will be highlighted.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

No header image in Atahualpa 3.4.1

Build custom WP THEMES, without
Click here for THEMEFRAME

From the author of Atahualpa, the #1 most
downloaded (700,000+) theme @ wordpress.org
Old Jul 30, 2009, 07:34 AM
5 posts · Mar 2009
Recurring nightmare here, updated to Atahualpa 3.4.1 from 3.32 on WP 2.82 on a Linux server and I can not get a header image to show up. I've put it in
and it has no spaces or extra characters in the .gif filename but still not found.

Any suggestions how to debug this?

Old Jul 31, 2009, 01:54 PM
120 posts · Apr 2009
Try using the full path to the image (absolute path, not relative)..

Which would be something like "http://yoursite.com/wp-content/themes/your atahualpa version folder/images/your-picture.gif" (instead of /images/your-picture.gif)

When you figure out the above URL, paste the URL into a browser; if your image comes up, you know the path is correct and the image has been uploaded.

I use so many backgrounds & things with this theme that I've been using a top-level directory (I name it 'content') for any content called in the theme control pages ("http://my-site.com/content/picture.jpg") Saves me typing in that long URL, and it's easier to get to in an FTP program (instead of drilling down through all the folders).

IF THIS HELPS: please mark the thread as solved!
Old Jul 31, 2009, 01:59 PM
120 posts · Apr 2009

When you update atahualpa versions, double check the directory name - it's usually "atahualpaXXX", the x's being the version number -make sure you have the full directory name in your URL path. That's screwed up plenty of folks around here, but it is a necessary thing to have to tell the versions apart in your WP install.

And - I'll really re-emphasize checking image URLs in a browser when there's trouble; paste the URL directly from the theme options panel. You can go nuts troubleshooting this stuff, only to find you had a bad character in the URL (or forgot to actually upload the image, easy to do when you get used to posting images via the wordpress editor)- it's easy to mess up a URL in a small text-entry box.

disappears, header, image