Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click Here To DONATE! Support the theme development, get more attention and additional benefits based on your donation level. Your forum name will be highlighted.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Please see my theme fully messed


Build custom WP THEMES, without
coding.
Click here for THEMEFRAME

From the author of Atahualpa, the #1 most
downloaded (700,000+) theme @ wordpress.org
  #1  
Old Apr 28, 2014, 08:35 AM
someshch
 
5 posts · Apr 2014
i installed the theme at my site: www.informationlord.com , The site has fully messed!
I want to have thumbnails of same size and width to be increased of full template, please help!
  #2  
Old Apr 28, 2014, 09:29 AM
juggledad's Avatar
juggledad
 
22,244 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.8.5 WP 3.8.x Atahualpa 3.7.x Safari 6.x Firefox 25 XP
Quote:
I want to have thumbnails of same size and width to be increased of full template, please help!
could you explain this a little more ? I'm not sure what you want.
__________________
"Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Juggledad | Forum Moderator/Support
  #3  
Old Apr 28, 2014, 09:51 AM
someshch
 
5 posts · Apr 2014
could you please visit my site for once and have a look yourself: www.informationlord.com

The images that should appear in the summary of posts on the homescreen are messed which hides the article summary and thus is looking very untidy!
You can once please have a look over the site and help me please!! Please sir. I am in great need!
  #4  
Old Apr 28, 2014, 10:10 AM
someshch
 
5 posts · Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
could you explain this a little more ? I'm not sure what you want.
The images in the thumbnails are overlapping my posts summary and are also of not same size.
I want to fix it as soon as possible! Please help.
Once have a look over the site! it has a lots of problem : www.informationlord.com
  #5  
Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:36 PM
lmilesw's Avatar
lmilesw
 
10,097 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The images don't overlap anything for me viewing the site in Firefox. The size of the images should be wide enough to cover the area desired and probably at the right aspect ratio as well.
__________________
~Larry (CNY Web Designs)
This site should be a membership site since it so full of good stuff.
Please consider donating which gives you access to even more good stuff.
  #6  
Old Apr 28, 2014, 07:15 PM
CrouchingBruin's Avatar
CrouchingBruin
 
192 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
I do not see any overlap between the thumbnails and the post summaries on Firefox, Chrome, or IE 9.

As Larry mentioned, if you want all of your thumbnails to stretch across the width of the content area, you need to use a featured image that is at least the same width of your main content area (620px).

Or, you can also add this to the end of the various.css virtual CSS file:
Code:
.thumb-shadow {
   float: left;
}
Then the borders on all of your smaller thumbnails will at least fit tightly around the image instead of stretching across the entire width.
__________________
My Montezuma-themed sites: ESHS Girls Basketball Team, Venice Hongwanji Buddhist Temple
Please consider making a donation to BytesForAll for their great themes!

Last edited by CrouchingBruin; Apr 28, 2014 at 07:20 PM.
  #7  
Old Apr 29, 2014, 04:15 AM
someshch
 
5 posts · Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrouchingBruin
I do not see any overlap between the thumbnails and the post summaries on Firefox, Chrome, or IE 9.

As Larry mentioned, if you want all of your thumbnails to stretch across the width of the content area, you need to use a featured image that is at least the same width of your main content area (620px).

Or, you can also add this to the end of the various.css virtual CSS file:
Code:
.thumb-shadow {
   float: left;
}
Then the borders on all of your smaller thumbnails will at least fit tightly around the image instead of stretching across the entire width.

Well thankyou for your precious suggestions, can i know how can i resize all custom images that appear on the homepage with post summaries to be scaled to same size without effecting the sizes of images inside posts!!, i want the all thumnails to be 250*250 on the home page i mean on the sumarries of the posts with images on homepage.
  #8  
Old Apr 29, 2014, 08:17 AM
CrouchingBruin's Avatar
CrouchingBruin
 
192 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
You can also add this CSS to the end of your virtual various.css file:
Code:
.post-thumb img {
   width: 100%;
   height: 180px;
}
This will stretch out your images to full width, but they may appear a little distorted because you are taking an image and enlarging it past it's native resolution. You should try, instead, to use images which are at least 620px wide for your featured images.
__________________
My Montezuma-themed sites: ESHS Girls Basketball Team, Venice Hongwanji Buddhist Temple
Please consider making a donation to BytesForAll for their great themes!
  #9  
Old Apr 29, 2014, 08:25 AM
someshch
 
5 posts · Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrouchingBruin
You can also add this CSS to the end of your virtual various.css file:
Code:
.post-thumb img {
   width: 100%;
   height: 180px;
}
This will stretch out your images to full width, but they may appear a little distorted because you are taking an image and enlarging it past it's native resolution. You should try, instead, to use images which are at least 620px wide for your featured images.
Thanku sir for your previous solution , after reading this article of yours = http://wordpress.org/support/topic/c...page?replies=9

I too did the same to my site on www.informationlord.com , now i just want all the images to be of same width and height, like 250 x 250 on the homepage without effecting the iinternal images of the posts., How can i do it. please help!
  #10  
Old Apr 29, 2014, 09:48 PM
Jam's Avatar
Jam
 
1,072 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
I want a pergola.
I guess I will have to pay a professional to build it... or do it myself.
Jus putting it out there. Any pergola builders up for the task?
__________________
May the learning curve never plateau... Thanks Larry for teaching me heaps.
My Themeframe built sites

Bookmarks

Tags
mess with template

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Theme all messed up in Internet Explorer, why? EhsanMomeni Montezuma Theme 4 Dec 28, 2013 01:37 AM
[SOLVED] Home page will not load fully jkfly4 Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme 27 Mar 24, 2012 06:58 AM
Adding fully functional footer menu bswb97 Page & Category Menu Bars 3 Jun 10, 2011 01:55 PM
Atahualpa theme has messed my website saifullahraza Page & Category Menu Bars 4 Aug 31, 2009 09:26 AM
[SOLVED] I messed up my widget area and even re-installing theme didn't fix it - help Olivier Sidebars & Widgets 4 Jul 20, 2009 05:00 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.