With the release of 3.5.1 there is a new settings import/export feature built into the theme options
Here's what I do to test theme on "development" site and then backup/copy results to other site. Requires using of PhpMyAdmin (which most hosting providers have):
First - make sure you have same versions of theme installed on both sites.
Note: you can still use this sequence to do intermediate backups of theme settings.
* Goto PhpMyAdmin
* Execute this query (in SQL tab):
SELECT option_name, option_value FROM `wp_options` WHERE option_name REGEXP '^bfa_ata_';
* At the botton of resulted window click "Export" icon/link
* uncheck the option 'Structure' the option
* Check [x] Save as File
* Press [Go] button at the lower right corner. Save file. This will save all settings of Atahualpa theme in wp_options.sql file
* Go to your other blog, run PhpMyAdmin there
* Execute this query in SQL Tab to clear up possible pre-existing setting for the theme (thanks juddledad for tip):
DELETE FROM `wp_options` WHERE option_name REGEXP '^bfa_ata_';
* Click "Import" tab
* Navigate to your wp_options.sql
* Press [Go] button at the lower right corner
* Observe "Import has been successfully finished ..."
* Done - reload/view your site with new imported settings.
Wordpress Membership site plugin: