Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Padding Styling Issues on Mac versus PC

Old Mar 23, 2010, 01:07 PM
joshsweiss

36 posts · Feb 2010
Padding Styling Issues on Mac versus PC

Greetings

I'm going crazy trying to figure this out. I'm designing in Atahualpa on Mac, and my formatting looks fine in four browsers (Camino, Safari, Firefox and Chrome). When I switch to a PC, I'm having issues in ie6, ie8 Fifefox and Chrome, on multiple computers. Basically, with artcurvedstraight.org/home as an example, I'm having issues where items seem to be aligning farther to the right on the PC. So, when I assigned a "padding-left" to the slideshow in the center (through the Next-gen gallery plugin) it is where I want it on my Mac, but farther to the right on the PC.

Any suggestions as to why this was happening?

The problem was also manifesting in my page menus (which were aligned with right-edge of my centered header image on my mac, but sticking out to the right on the pcs. (I have no example, as I've realigned to center for now to alleviate this problem.)

This relates to another issue, but I'll start a new thread for it.

Thanks for suggestions - my understanding is that atahualpa is browser safe across platfroms and browswers, so maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

Thanks!!!
Josh
Old Jul 14, 2011, 12:31 PM
wittyusername

61 posts · Jan 2011
muddling my way though a career.
did you ever resolve your issue? If so, how?