Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click Here To DONATE! Support the theme development, get more attention and additional benefits based on your donation level. Your forum name will be highlighted.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Can't change color of Post/Page title

Build custom WP THEMES, without
Click here for THEMEFRAME

From the author of Atahualpa, the #1 most
downloaded (700,000+) theme @ wordpress.org
Old Mar 6, 2010, 11:34 PM
7 posts · Jul 2009
Can't change color of Post/Page title

I have Atahualpa 3.4.6. I have tried to change the color of post/page titles by adding code to the "HEADLINE Box: Text" section under "Style POSTS & PAGES." I found this issue discussed in another post and copied the solution from that post:

padding: 0;
margin: 0;
font-size: 2.15em;
font-family: arial, verdana, sans-serif;
color: #333389;

Changes i make to the font and font size work fine, but any change made to color has no effect.

Here's what I typed:

padding: 0;
margin: 0;
font-size: 1.55em;
font-family: arial, verdana, sans-serif;
color: #FF0000;

Any help will be appreciated.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 11:59 PM
7 posts · Jul 2009
Actually it looks like my problem is with the home page and not other pages.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 05:51 AM
23,026 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.10.1 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
A post headline can be a LINK or just plain text. When you are on a single POST page, it is plain text, but on a multi post page, the headline is a LINK (it links to the single post page).

In the styling, there is styling for "HEADLINE Box: Text" and an option for "HEADLINE Box: Links" and another for "HEADLINE Box: Links: Hover" this gives you options for how you want to set the text under various conditions
"Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Juggledad | Forum Moderator/Support

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 7, 2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 01:26 PM
41 posts · Mar 2010
Californian living in Oklahoma City

You said the settings are in "In the styling". Would you please be more specific?

There are so many wonderful pages of styling options, but I have not found the correct one to edit the blog title links.

I've gone though all of the theme edit pages and I guess I have missed it.

(Please delete a similar post I made elsewhere.)

Thank you,

Reasons Why I Believe in God:
Old Mar 7, 2010, 02:34 PM
7 posts · Jul 2009
THANK YOU juggledad!!! I'm obviously a newbie and really GREATLY appreciate your help.