Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click Here To DONATE! Support the theme development, get more attention and additional benefits based on your donation level. Your forum name will be highlighted.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Changing the Links Widget appearance

Build custom WP THEMES, without
coding.
Click here for THEMEFRAME

From the author of Atahualpa, the #1 most
downloaded (700,000+) theme @ wordpress.org
Old Oct 5, 2009, 06:19 AM
cactus02

8 posts · Sep 2009
Changing the Links Widget appearance

My problem :

I would like to insert html codes like these : <br> + <b>text</b> or <strong>text</strong> in the Links widget in order to display something like this :

Name of the Newspaper
The links itselp

Another Newspaper name
The link to the other newspaper

Is there a way to insert these codes ?

Thank you !
Old Oct 5, 2009, 06:54 AM
juggledad

21,970 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.8.5 WP 3.8.x Atahualpa 3.7.x Safari 6.x Firefox 25 XP
I confused, you want to list the link and then the url?

Maybe you could do this.
Create Link Categories and add eack link to a category. When you use the 'Links' widget, the category will be bigger and bolder and then the link will be underneath it.
If you like my help, please consider donating. I am happy to provide greater detail on this and other topics if you hire me. Please send detailed support requests to me as a private message, thank you.
Juggledad | Forum Moderator/Support
Old Oct 5, 2009, 01:17 PM
cactus02

8 posts · Sep 2009
Your suggestion is not exactly what I had in mind.
I would like to know (if possible) how to insert an HTML code like <strong> in order to put some part of the link in bold, italic or a soft return <br>.
Example :
Article by John Snow for the World Daily.

Is this possible under Atahualpa ?

Thank you !
Old Oct 5, 2009, 01:51 PM
juggledad

21,970 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.8.5 WP 3.8.x Atahualpa 3.7.x Safari 6.x Firefox 25 XP
the built in links section is controlled by WordPress, however you could roll your own Links widget.

Add a text widget and then add something like this to it
HTML Code:
<div id="linkcat-8" class="widget widget_links"><div class="widget-title"><h3>My Links</h3></div>
	<ul class='xoxo blogroll'>
<li><a href="http://planet.wordpress.org">Article by <strong>John Snow</strong> the <strong>World Daily</strong>.</a></li>
<li><a href="http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?p=15977#post15977">reply by <strong>Juggledad</strong> the <strong>Atahualpa forums</strong>.</a></li>
	</ul>
</div>
If you like my help, please consider donating. I am happy to provide greater detail on this and other topics if you hire me. Please send detailed support requests to me as a private message, thank you.
Juggledad | Forum Moderator/Support