Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click Here To DONATE! Support the theme development, get more attention and additional benefits based on your donation level. Your forum name will be highlighted.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Wrestling with me widgets - sidebar problems

Build custom WP THEMES, without
coding.
Click here for THEMEFRAME

From the author of Atahualpa, the #1 most
downloaded (700,000+) theme @ wordpress.org
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:47 AM
AndrewWalker

5 posts · Mar 2012
Wrestling with me widgets - sidebar problems

A mystery from the East ... East Sussex, anyway.
Running the Atahualpa 3.5.1 theme, no new plugins recently to speak of but out of the blue - while my 'Left sidebar' widget area remains expandable, editable and normal, the rest (from 'Right sidebar' on down) now ignore my every click. I am currently working in 'Accessibility' mode, and of course you can get used to anything, but if I can get the old way back I'll be happier.
All help genuinely appreciated - has this happened to others amongst you?
Andrew | http://www.englishchess.org.uk
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:54 AM
juggledad

22,164 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.8.5 WP 3.8.x Atahualpa 3.7.x Safari 6.x Firefox 25 XP
Try disabling all plugins to see if one is causing a conflict?
P.s. you should think of upgrading to version 3.7.3
Old Mar 21, 2012, 05:00 AM
AndrewWalker

5 posts · Mar 2012
OK, I'll schedule some down time. It is odd that no new plugins have been added tho, it's just seemingly happened. I am indeed thinking of upgrading, but a current 'quick test' reveals that the right sidebar vanishes completely in the new version
Once I've tested yea or nay, I'll come back to you, thanks for answering
Old Mar 21, 2012, 05:20 AM
juggledad

22,164 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.8.5 WP 3.8.x Atahualpa 3.7.x Safari 6.x Firefox 25 XP
If you download the theme from hereYou can upload this to your themes folder with no conflict. You'll now have a folder called atahualpa373 in your themes folder. You can now switch back and forth between the 2 versions of atahualpa.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:00 AM
AndrewWalker

5 posts · Mar 2012
Yes indeed - this I have already done. That's how I performed the 'quick test - right sidebar amputation' test
More soon ...
Old Mar 27, 2012, 06:45 AM
AndrewWalker

5 posts · Mar 2012
OK, Phase One complete - I reset my plugins folder via FTP, reactivated the lot and ... no change ...
If nothing else I've had a good clear out of my plugins folder. So, on the Phases 2 & 3 - default theme test, then all plugins deactivated.
I will be in touch ...