Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click Here To DONATE! Support the theme development, get more attention and additional benefits based on your donation level. Your forum name will be highlighted.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Installing & running WordPress »

Looking for a Theme

Build custom WP THEMES, without
coding.
Click here for THEMEFRAME

From the author of Atahualpa, the #1 most
downloaded (700,000+) theme @ wordpress.org
Old Sep 5, 2011, 11:17 AM
n4ows

3 posts · Sep 2011
Looking for a Theme

I'm looking for a very simple theme and am at a loss as to where to go. Here's what I want:

Background: Black
Very top: logo/name top left, navigation with possible drop downs on right
Middle 2 choices:
- single column - SimpleViewer, possible in iFrame
- two column
Simple on line footer

This is for a friend who will be traveling, needing to upload photographs, and blog.

On the photos on SimpleViewer, I want the user to be able to purchase prints, but I think I can handle that part. I just can't seem to find a WordPress theme that is as tight to the top and bottom as I want. I really would like for the user to not have to scroll any to see the photos. My programming skills are very rusty and I find that I am very overwhelmed at all the options available.

I am not adverse to paying for a theme that meets my needs.

Thanks,
Alisa
Old Sep 5, 2011, 11:18 AM
n4ows

3 posts · Sep 2011
Also, I would love for the width to be fluid, but static width is okay if fluid not available. Tnx, Alisa
Old Sep 5, 2011, 11:46 AM
juggledad

21,950 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.8.5 WP 3.8.x Atahualpa 3.7.x Safari 6.x Firefox 25 XP
Gee, why don't you try Atahualpa (after all this forum supports it)
If you like my help, please consider donating. I am happy to provide greater detail on this and other topics if you hire me. Please send detailed support requests to me as a private message, thank you.
Juggledad | Forum Moderator/Support
Old Sep 5, 2011, 01:49 PM
n4ows

3 posts · Sep 2011
It isn't basic enough. My client wants very minimal at the top. Maybe I posted in the wrong place or on the completely wrong forum. I've looked at hundreds of wp themes, both free and not and can't find what I'm looking for. I may just have to build my own. I just didn't want to re-invent the wheel if there's one out there with the spokes in the right places.

Thanks,
Alisa
Old Sep 5, 2011, 07:27 PM
juggledad

21,950 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.8.5 WP 3.8.x Atahualpa 3.7.x Safari 6.x Firefox 25 XP
Well this forum supports the Atahualpa theme. Maybe you should try continuing your search or create your own.
If you like my help, please consider donating. I am happy to provide greater detail on this and other topics if you hire me. Please send detailed support requests to me as a private message, thank you.
Juggledad | Forum Moderator/Support