Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] How to remove delete or get rid of "Sample Text Widget"

Old Apr 14, 2011, 12:14 PM
helpsolve

15 posts · Apr 2011
USA - California
[SOLVED] How to remove delete or get rid of "Sample Text Widget"

I've seen posts that tell you to add a blank text widget to get rid of the the sample text widget.

The best way to do this really is to delete these lines In footer.php and header.php

<h3>A sample text widget</h3></div>
<div class="textwidget">
<p>Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis
<a href="http://wordpress.org/">euismod dolor nec</a> pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa. </p>
<p>Nam sodales mi vitae dolor <em>ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan</em>.
Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. <strong>Nulla nulla lorem</strong>,
suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna. </p>
</div>

<div class="widget widget_text"><div class="widget-title">
<h3>A sample text widget</h3></div>
<div class="textwidget">
<p>Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis
<a href="http://wordpress.org/">euismod dolor nec</a> pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa. </p>
<p>Nam sodales mi vitae dolor <em>ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan</em>.
Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. <strong>Nulla nulla lorem</strong>,
suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna. </p>
</div>
Old Apr 14, 2011, 12:44 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Whie that will work, you will have to remember to do it each time you update the theme. By adding a widget to the sidebar it becomes a site option and will continue to exist during theme upgrades.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 06:47 PM
helpsolve

15 posts · Apr 2011
USA - California
I see,

However, for my situation it works the best since adding any kind of text widget, hides the other items I wish to see on the right hand side. I didn't want to have to mess with figuring out the spacing issues tweaking it little by little until I can see the other items I want.