Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Floating above a sticky footer?

Old Feb 10, 2011, 08:58 PM
pjbfcp

1 posts · Feb 2011
Help Floating above a sticky footer?

So I'm having a problem and it's likely my lack of HTML skillz. Hopefully someone here can help.
I'm running Wordpress with Atahualpa and I've set the footer to be sticky on short pages. I have a handful of images which I'd like to have float just above the footer. My footer has a color background and my images have a white background. The space above the footer is white. I've currently placed the code for the images in the footer content box. It looks like this: <span style="background-color: #ffffff; position: absolute; left: 50%; bottom: 85px; width: 720px; margin-left: -365px; padding: 5px;"> images </span>

This makes the images float above the footer but when I resize the window they move up or down. I'd like to have them stay put just above the footer. I tried putting them in the post footer but that only spans one column. I'd like the images to span the site width. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Old Feb 11, 2011, 04:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
one solution would be to edit footer.php and add a new <div>...</div> right after the line
HTML Code:
<td id="footer" colspan="<?php echo $cols; ?>">
and put your images there
Old Feb 11, 2011, 01:56 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You could also perhaps add a new widget area to the footer and put your images there.