Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click Here To DONATE! Support the theme development, get more attention and additional benefits based on your donation level. Your forum name will be highlighted.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] widgets won't disengage from side panels

Build custom WP THEMES, without
Click here for THEMEFRAME

From the author of Atahualpa, the #1 most
downloaded (700,000+) theme @ wordpress.org
Old Jan 3, 2011, 11:56 PM
9 posts · Dec 2010
[SOLVED] widgets won't disengage from side panels

2 problems: using ataul. 353
1. My posts wont show on my site. Message is : "Not Found. Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here." They show in my admin area so I can edit them, but not on the site.

2. I took all the widgets out of the sidebars, so they shouldn't be doing anything, but they are still there. Which is annoying and unhelpful.

I deactivated all but 1 or 2 plugins. It was working fine but suddenly decided to stop and I don't know why. I'm no good with code, so speak english and give step by step directions so I can follow please. This is all new to me.

Old Jan 4, 2011, 12:01 AM
10,169 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Could you supply a link to the site? Are you using a static front page?

The widgets you see in the sidebar after you take out all the widgets could be the default widgets.
~Larry (CNY Web Designs)
This site should be a membership site since it so full of good stuff.
Please consider donating which gives you access to even more good stuff.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 05:25 AM
23,026 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.10.1 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
My posts wont show on my site.
try changing your Permalink back to the default then back to what you currently have.
"Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Juggledad | Forum Moderator/Support
Old Jan 18, 2011, 11:01 PM
9 posts · Dec 2010
Thanks for the help guys! I had a post with the same permalink as a page. I changed it to the default and now they all work. Yeah!