Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click Here To DONATE! Support the theme development, get more attention and additional benefits based on your donation level. Your forum name will be highlighted.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Using new Wordpress menu - page-center problem

Build custom WP THEMES, without
coding.
Click here for THEMEFRAME

From the author of Atahualpa, the #1 most
downloaded (700,000+) theme @ wordpress.org
Old Dec 11, 2010, 04:52 AM
marced

60 posts · Feb 2010
[SOLVED] Using new Wordpress menu - page-center problem

Hi, I've been using Atahualpa with great pleasure, including the menu structure. My menu was looking like this:

Now I want to use the standard Wordpress menu's with the same result. Creating the menu was easy.

The problem is the page-center option. When I keep using with my new menu, the menu looks like this

So the div styling of the whole bar is lost. This is I think because in the new menu there's a small div just for the menu, and around it a table with no id.

I tried using %pages so the menu is aligned left, then the whole bar shows again. Then using padding-left creates the old result. The problem then is, that when looked at in a smaller screen / iphone, the result is this:

No the solution either.

How can I do this guys, using the new menu, center it but still have a menu bar over the complete width of the page with the menu's centered?

Help would be greatly appreciated!
Old Dec 11, 2010, 05:06 AM
juggledad

21,938 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.8.5 WP 3.8.x Atahualpa 3.7.x Safari 6.x Firefox 25 XP
What version of atahualpa and wp?
What is the URL?
Have you applied the menu bugfix's (new version &updates forum)?
If you like my help, please consider donating. I am happy to provide greater detail on this and other topics if you hire me. Please send detailed support requests to me as a private message, thank you.
Juggledad | Forum Moderator/Support
Old Dec 16, 2010, 01:57 PM
marced

60 posts · Feb 2010
Hi JD, sorry for the delay. I use Atahualpa version 3.5.3 and Wordpress 3.0.1. Yes I used the menu bugfix, working properly.

I think the solution would be in using %pages in header so it's aligned left, but then referring to just the menu to center. But how do I do that?

The sourcecode for the menu is this:
HTML Code:
<div id="menu1" class="menu-home-container"><ul id="rmenu2" class="clearfix rMenu-hor rMenu"><li id="menu-item-400" class="menu-item menu-item-type-post_type current-menu-item page_item page-item-16 current_page_item menu-item-400"><a title href etc.....
What do I put in CSS to just center the menu then?
Old Dec 16, 2010, 02:29 PM
juggledad

21,938 posts · Mar 2009
Do an export of your settings and attach it to a reply
If you like my help, please consider donating. I am happy to provide greater detail on this and other topics if you hire me. Please send detailed support requests to me as a private message, thank you.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 06:18 AM
juggledad

21,938 posts · Mar 2009
see if this helps - http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2548
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:02 AM
juggledad

21,938 posts · Mar 2009
ok, here is how you can do it. First edit bfa_new_wp3_menus.php and change line 13 (version 3.5.3) from
HTML Code:
		$before_menu = '<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="margin: 0 auto"><tr><td align="center">';
to
HTML Code:
		$before_menu = '<table class="menu-center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="margin: 0 auto"><tr><td align="center">';
next add the following to the CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
table.menu-center {
width: 100%;
}
#rmenu2-page {
margin-left: 20%;
margin-right: auto;
}
you may need to adjust the left margin depending on the width of your menus