Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Installing & running WordPress »

Multisite or not?

Old Nov 15, 2010, 11:18 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Multisite or not?

This is a general question with an Atahualpa part.

I'm planning to renovate our town's website and make it a Wordpress site. I'd like to use Atahualpa as the theme, naturally. Several town offices, like the clerk, building department, court, etc., will want to do their own site updating. Each office does NOT need its own look and feel, header image, etc.

I'm thinking I want to keep it fairly simple and not use WP Multisite for this, but just give each department secretary a username/password and contributor or editor status, rather than going all the way into Multisite.

What do you think? Which way would you go if you were designing this site?
Old Nov 15, 2010, 02:44 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I would go with what you are thinking Paula. Multsite just adds complexity where you don't need it IMHO.