Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Center area post/pages (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Conflict with Portfolio Slideshow Pro (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=18163)

rick Aug 13, 2012 11:07 AM

Conflict with Portfolio Slideshow Pro

Hi there,
I'm using WP 3.4.1, Portfolio Slideshow Pro 1.7.2, Atahualpa 3.7.7

Link
If you go to this link in Google Chrome compared to Firefox or Safari, you’ll see the problem – the slideshow isn't contained within the container for some reason (it's overflowing on the right hand side)... it only happens in certain slideshows, for example this one is fine.

But, this one is a problem in Safari:

Any thoughts would be appreciated! The Portfolio Slideshow folks seem to think that it's a theme conflict.

Thanks so much for any advice that you can offer,
Rick

juggledad Aug 13, 2012 12:19 PM

not sure what you mean, they look ok to me, but I don't know what I'm looking for

rick Aug 13, 2012 12:34 PM

Sorry, my description wasn't clear. This highlights the problem I'm trying to solve. In both examples, the horizontal bar is the same width, it's the gallery that is changing size.
Thanks so much!
Rick

juggledad Aug 13, 2012 12:37 PM

that link gets a not found

rick Aug 13, 2012 12:41 PM

So sorry! defaulted to private. Try again.

juggledad Aug 13, 2012 12:47 PM

I have the feeling this is one of those 'browser' things. If I open all three browsers and resize the window, I can get it aligned perfect and messed up in all three.

You might want to make the window a fixed width.

you should also try swapping to twenty-ten and see how it looks there

rick Aug 13, 2012 12:57 PM

Wow, right you are. It snaps back and forth between the two. Twenty-ten is of course fixed width, so it works perfectly, so I think you're probably right about fixing the width. Thanks so much!

rick Aug 14, 2012 08:10 AM

After posting on the MadeByRaygun site, they asked me to disable all plugins to see if there are any validation errors. There was one that they suspect is causing the problem in Atahualpa: "Line 222, Column 5: end tag for “div” omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified". Any chance that they're right? Warmly,
Rick

juggledad Aug 14, 2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

"Line 222, Column 5:
of what? tha generated page? What page?

rick Aug 14, 2012 11:35 AM

Oh, I see - I didn't realize that it would change for every page. But for example if I disable all plugins, the "Line 254, Column 5: end tag for "div" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified" error still exists on this validated page.

rick Aug 14, 2012 01:18 PM

For what it's worth, making the footer 'sticky' solves this problem - it doesn't get rid of the error, but everything is performing as expected.

juggledad Aug 14, 2012 02:36 PM

those are what I would call 'false positives' - I have never seen a validator work consistently
it seems to be complaining because there is a table inside a div the div does have a valid /div, it's just the validator loses track of things