Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [SOLVED] I am seeing a default font - it won't change (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=54)

bseppa Dec 18, 2008 10:44 PM

[SOLVED] I am seeing a default font - it won't change

All of the text in my blog is default text (Times maybe)... the main content area and sidebars. Shouldn't I just be able to set the value of the font-family in "Body Style"?

Here's what I have there now:

font-family: tahoma, arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 0.8em;
color: #000000;
background: #ffffff;

Flynn Dec 18, 2008 10:49 PM

Yes that would be the right place. I just tried and it worked. I.e.

HTML Code:

font-family: georgia, serif;

bseppa Dec 18, 2008 10:51 PM

I just tried this:

Code:

font-family: georgia, serif;

It didn't work. I am on WP 2.6.3 - does that matter?

Flynn Dec 18, 2008 11:00 PM

I tried on 2.6.2 and it worked again. You're using Atahualpa 3.1 right ?

This is where I put the changes: "Body, Text & Links" -> "Body Style"

Flynn Dec 18, 2008 11:02 PM

How did you upgrade to 3.1? Maybe some old files were not overwritten?

bseppa Dec 18, 2008 11:05 PM

Yes. 3.1. Just downloaded. I did not upgrade... this is a different blog.

To get the font to change in my posts for example, I had to change "div.post-bodycopy" in styles.css.php. But that didn't change it for links so I have had to change it in "a:link, a:visited, a:active"... etc. etc. Obviously I can't keep this up. Any ideas why it doesn't work in BODY?

By the way, I am using the Web Developer Toolbar for Firefox so I can edit CSS and see the changes without going through the whole process of save-refresh over and over again... I have changed the value of font-family inside the BODY tag in the css and even gone as far as deleting the font-family attribute all together - - it has absolutely no effect on the body font whether the attribute is there or not.

Flynn Dec 18, 2008 11:23 PM

Checking something brb

... O.k. I thought not work on hosts where magic_quotes_gpc is OFF but it works. I found one error though, the unchecking/checking sidebars on/off doesn't stick however everything else seems to stick. I could not replicate your error though.

The sidebar issue is fixed, I am uploading a new version within minutes

bseppa Dec 18, 2008 11:38 PM

I'm not sure where this leaves me... nothing else really matters if you are stuck with default text! :-)

I didn't have this issue on 3.0 (on a diff blog)

BTW - I don't understand your last post here at all. I am not getting an error.

Flynn Dec 18, 2008 11:48 PM

There is no special style for links or text in the post body.

The settings on the menu tab "Body, Text & Links" would change all fonts and link styles for all areas that don't get an individual style. The post body is one of the areas that would inherit the settings from "Body, Text & Links". We're probably just meaning different things? Could you post or PM me a URL and tell me what you want to change?

bseppa Dec 18, 2008 11:49 PM

I just deleted version 3.1, downloaded and installed 3.1.1 > same problem. I haven't been able to dig in on the other fixes because I can't get past how terrible your handy work looks with default text

:(

bseppa Dec 18, 2008 11:52 PM

I can appreciate how strange a problem this must seem. I am as surprised as you. This is a simple configuration but it simply doesn't work. I don't know how else to say it.

I sent you a PM.

Flynn Dec 18, 2008 11:56 PM

I think I found the error, looks like the plugin WP-Postratings messed up the CSS a bit, check your PM

Edit: bseppa's error is fixed, it was related to WP-Postratings