Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Montezuma Theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Problem Viewing Second Menu and Pages (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=18636)

lizardgoop Oct 10, 2012 08:54 AM

Problem Viewing Second Menu and Pages

In dashboard I have created two menus as Montezuma theme states it supports two, yet I do not see where the second menu appears on my site (enemylove.com).

I have set my various pages (home, about, resources, etc.) as the secondary menu, and was hoping they would appear across that horizontal strip located just below the title and tagline (the strip with the home icon and "blog"). Is it possible to have the secondary menu located on that strip?

Additional questions I have are: in the Montezuma theme sample it shows drop down subcategories when you place your mouse over categories in the primary menu (the categories with the default star icon). How do I add these subcategories? Final question is if Montezuma will automatically move blog posts to a second tabbed page (like in their sample) after a certain number of posts are up, or will the homepage just scroll through all of my posts? I only have 7 posts thus far and am hoping there is a max as to how many posts are displayed on the home page.

Thanks!

juggledad Oct 10, 2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Final question is if Montezuma will automatically move blog posts to a second tabbed page (like in their sample) after a certain number of posts are up, or will the homepage just scroll through all of my posts? I only have 7 posts thus far and am hoping there is a max as to how many posts are displayed on the home page.
nothing to do with any theme, it is a WordPress setting
Quote:

in the Montezuma theme sample it shows drop down subcategories when you place your mouse over categories in the primary menu (the categories with the default star icon). How do I add these subcategories?
depends on if you build a custom WP menu or use the automatic menu - in this case it shows up after you create a sub category
Quote:

In dashboard I have created two menus as Montezuma theme states it supports two, yet I do not see where the second menu appears on my site (enemylove.com).
what did you set up where? be detailed

lizardgoop Oct 10, 2012 09:42 AM

Thanks juggledad for answering my first two questions. Regarding the third question about creating two menus, you asked for more specifics. Here you go: In Dashboard you can go to Appearance--> Menus subsection. In that section, I created a menu entitled "Secondary Menu" that has four pages of mine in it. I then set this "Secondary Menu" as my "Menu 2" in that box labeled "Theme Locations" (which is also located in that Appearance--> Menus subsection.

Despite doing this, I do not see where Menu 2 appears on my site. I was hoping it would be across that horizontal strip located below the title/tagline.

juggledad Oct 10, 2012 12:48 PM

You will have to modify one of the themes virtual templates to add teh new menu area into the template

lizardgoop Oct 11, 2012 08:53 AM

Thanks Juggledad. I'm guessing it is not a quick answer, but do you have any suggestions for how I can go about modifying one of the themes' virtual templates to enable that horizonal bar to no longer index the categories/subcategories that a post is from, but instead list various pages ("home", "about", etc.). In other words, how to have Menu 2 show up in that horizontal bar. If this takes more than 20 seconds to explain, don't worry about it. Thanks either way.

lmilesw Oct 11, 2012 09:31 AM

If you look in Sub Menus > header.php you will see the code for menu1. You need to copy that code and paste where you want the menu to show and then modify to point to the other menu and fall back to the bfa cat menu if desired.

You will need to experiment with placement and CSS.