Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Header configuration & styling (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   rotating header image not working after images/header folder delete (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=11109)

cpickeri Nov 11, 2010 09:28 AM

rotating header image not working after images/header folder delete

Hi,

I deleted the theme/atahualpa353/images/header folder and then recreated it.
Since having done this my images no longer rotate despite having set the theme options to do so.
I do get a new image every time I refresh but cannot get the rotating option to work with the timer (5) or any other number.

Any ideas? I downloaded the theme again and looked in the header folder to make sure there were no php files...which there aren't.

I'm stumped!

Thanks

lmilesw Nov 11, 2010 12:46 PM

I just deleted my header folder on my test site and recreated it with no issues.

juggledad Nov 11, 2010 01:51 PM

What is the URL?
It could be a file or folder permission issue

Webunet Jan 4, 2011 06:04 AM

I've had a problem with my images NOT rotating for months. I've tried some things suggested in this forum, but no luck. My blog is located here: www.theinternetbook.com/blog/

Thanks,

Tom

juggledad Jan 4, 2011 06:56 AM

try shutting off the fade in/out if you have it activated if that doesn't fix things, export your settings (ato->export/import settings) and attach them to a reply

mafgirl Oct 11, 2011 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 53552)
try shutting off the fade in/out if you have it activated

Thanks Juggledad, I have ATA 3.6.7. with all bug fixes applied, yet the headers didn't rotate and I couldn't work out why!!
But after a bit of searching I found this post and switching off fade worked for me on my testsite

Why is this do you know? I quite like the faded header pictures... I have it working on my blog .... this is also ATA 3.6.7. with all bug fixes applied, both WordPress 3.1 (yes I know, I need to upgrade......but every time I do there is a new version out and I currently don't have time to sort all my websites out...)

Thanks again Juggledad!!!

juggledad Oct 12, 2011 04:54 AM

It looks like you have another plugin/widget that is fading images in the middle area. I would suspect there is a conflict between the two.

mafgirl Oct 12, 2011 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 73729)
It looks like you have another plugin/widget that is fading images in the middle area. I would suspect there is a conflict between the two.

Yes I do, it is 'WOW slider'. never mind, it is not a huge problem, and we will probably turn the rotating headers off anyway as it is a bit too much having two rotating images on one page!
Thanks for your answer Juggledad, I was just curious and now it makes sense :)