Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Header configuration & styling (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [SOLVED] Add Twitter and Facebook Links (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=4956)

timnash Dec 21, 2009 08:58 AM

[SOLVED] Add Twitter and Facebook Links

I'd like to add an icon and link to my Twitter page and to my Facebook group next to the Subscribe to Post icon and link in the header area. Can you tell me which files I need to edit to achieve this until it becomes a feature of the Atahualpa theme?

juggledad Dec 21, 2009 04:39 PM

if you want to add them in the header you need to look in bfa_header.config.php

jumbopihu Dec 29, 2009 11:02 PM

I too wanted to do something similar.
However when I added simple <a> tag with img & link to twitter etc it showed me error on header file.

Do I have to add div id there?
Please help.
THanks

cab262 Apr 5, 2010 10:15 AM

I'm curious to know if there is an upgrade benign method for adding social media icons to the same general area that the search box, RSS, etc objects exist.

I can alter the raw php, but I'm looking for something that can be address by the interface directly, and hopefully more upgrade robust when moving between version of Ata.

thanks

cab262 Apr 5, 2010 12:07 PM

For what it is worth. The answer is posted in the gold forum section (donation required).

The post, "How to float a button over the header and have it change when hovering", in part describes how to position a Login button. I like this solution because it allows for a more easy future Ata upgrade path since it leverages adding content within the existing Ata interface and not altering directly the php files.

Zona May 7, 2010 06:51 PM

Would you please post a link to this thread. I'm not seeing this post and sounds like it might be helpful. I am also trying to put a twitter button in the line with POST and COMMENT buttons in logo area, over the header.

Thanks , Zona

Fux May 8, 2010 05:30 AM

I recommend adding custom widget areas to the the header and just put the icons there. That's what I did for heavyconnection.net and it works great.

Zona May 9, 2010 12:52 AM

Hi Fux: Thanks for the note. The custom widgets you created look awesome on your site. Did you use a plugin? Which one? Please tell me more. Zona

Fux May 9, 2010 01:56 AM

Hi Zona - I just created 3 or 4 custom widget areas in the header und put my stuff there via html. I created the icons myself to fit the overall style of the website. There's no plugin there, just plain html in standard text widgets. Let me know if you have any further questions.

gias Sep 6, 2010 10:40 AM

Hi Fux,

I am trying to follow your instructions. Maybe I need to google this more, but how to create the custom widgets in the header? Can you give a more detailed answer please?

Thanks for your help.:)

Fux Dec 14, 2010 02:46 AM

I keep getting PMs because of this. You can add custom widgets via the Atahualpa Theme itself, just use "Add new WIDGET AREAS".