Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   ThemeFrame Presales (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   [SOLVED] Our site is taking the next big step (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=16085)

bardium Nov 24, 2011 11:33 AM

[SOLVED] Our site is taking the next big step

We have been using Atahualpa for three years and it has worked well for us. We are in the process of completely revising the site and promoting it heavily to gain a very substantial readership. We do financial and economics commentary and analysis. We just switched over to a new cloud server on Rackspace to handle the anticipated traffic.

We would like to use the TF theme. I like the theme's ability to be highly customizable so we can test various configurations to see what works best for us. It just saves us a lot of time and money to use TF.

The question I have is about the robustness and maintenance of TF. I will assume the theme isn't responsible for robustness since it's based on the WP engine. But what about maintenance?

So, can you give me an indication of how many installations you have of the TF theme?
Can you tell me that if we need help, help will be quickly available? We are willing to pay a retainer to be on call. My concern is that if this theme is not commercially successful that you will kill it and we will be left without upgrade capability and without someone who can help us with problems. Our alternative is to have a custom designed site.

I hope I am not sounding overly demanding here, but, as I said, we are happy customers of Atahualpa and would like to use the TF theme.

Thanks.

Jeff

Dave Pitman Nov 24, 2011 03:29 PM

Hi Jeff,

I am not affiliated with the creator of Themeframe, only a user of the application.

The main thing is, that Themeframe is not a theme. It is a WYSIWYG editor that compiles a theme based upon what you specify in the editor.

You specify every element's visual settings via a CSS editor. You specify which WP functions display on which type of pages.

There is no one to call or put on retainer to help maintain the theme created with Themeframe other than You, the theme creator or someone you hire to create it for you.

Currently, TF generated themes do not include any WP backend. That is, that no theme options are able to be set from within the WP Dashboard. This is planned sometime in the future.

There is some support available in the Themeframe Member's section, but that is it.

Hope this answers a few questions. If you have more, ask away.

Flynn Nov 25, 2011 12:27 PM

There is no "Service Level Agreement" but you can get help on the member forum and also through email: mail AT themeframe.com

Currently there are around 1500 users. There was no marketing so far except for the link on the forum and 2-3 blog posts, because TF is still in "Release Candidate" stage.

There will be several ThemeFrame updates per year to cover new WP, browser, PHP, HTML and CSS versions.

BytesForAll, ThemeFrame & Atahualpa will be around for many years to come. For as long as WordPress itself I'm sure.