Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Other BFA WordPress Themes (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Themeframe? (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2254)

juggledad Nov 3, 2009 11:14 AM

right, but it hasn't been released yet - you find out when it is.

masterchief Nov 3, 2009 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 18094)
right, but it hasn't been released yet - you find out when it is.

I would fully expect that. that is the way vBulletin works for sure.

Flynn posted this on 11-01:
I plan to release a first version in 2-3 days. You can get in into the Beta group until it is released.

I understood that to mean that perhaps Beta group was available.

I was really not expecting your response at all, especially since we have interacted in the past via the donor forums in regards to announcement box customization concept.

regards,
William

juggledad Nov 3, 2009 01:53 PM

Sorry if I offended you, I've answered so many posts that sometimes I can't remember who my wife is (grin) I just want to make sure everyone understands where Themeframe is at. I did some debugging of the Alpha version before Flynn went off in October and I'm sure he is hard at work getting it ready to release.

masterchief Nov 4, 2009 07:10 AM

we are all very passionate about wordpress and the coming of themeframe....

Danielwerner Nov 4, 2009 08:33 PM

Indeed! I've been looking forward to this for almost six months now. :)

WebTrooper Nov 7, 2009 08:06 PM

To be honest, I'm starting to get a little impatient. First it was August, then sept., then end of oct, then 2 or 3 more days, and today is Nov. 7. I could understand if this were a free extension, but we're paying in advance just to test the beta release, whenever that becomes a reality. And the production release has yet to see a price tag.

I just caught the part about $40, so I'm adding another $20 to my donation to bring it up to par. But really, you guys gotta release something soon or, I don't know, guess I'll go on a hunger strike or something.

juggledad Nov 7, 2009 08:50 PM

You've probably noticed that Flynn hasn't been very visable on the forums. I suspect it's because he is spending the majority of his time on ThemeFrame (He is in Germany, I'm in the US). I got a message from him yesterday (Fri Nov 6th), in reply to my question asking how ThemeFrame was going.
Quote:

It's getting along and I will release the CSS part shortly, as a plugin, plus static page templates which people can copy as page.php etc., so without a main theme control panel for now or else it would take longer. Currently finishing the menu creator and some drag & drop action to re-arrange the layout. I'll try to release this CSS creator any day now.
I know everyone is getting itchy, but for each problem he fixes before it's released, it will help everyone that will be using it.

Flynn Nov 8, 2009 03:39 AM

I will release what I have (the CSS creator part) within next week. From then on I'll keep adding features based on your input.

I am sorry for the delay which is caused by the fact that I am doing the hard part, the WYSIWYG part, at first. The remaining theme controls will be partly based on Atahualpa and take less time. You'll be much more productive with Themeframe than with Atahualpa.

Please keep in mind that this $40 dollar offer gets you in at a much lower price than the final price which will be well over $100.

paulae Nov 8, 2009 07:02 AM

And let's not forget that Flynn was off the reservation for a while in October doing his military service, so cut him some slack, folks! We're glad you came home safely, Flynn!

everyman Nov 8, 2009 04:02 PM

Hey Flynn, Juggledad --

Obviously we are all "chomping at the bit" to get our hands on Themeframe and curious about the pricing. I understand you need to make a living, however, here is some feedback about that. Your main competitive advantage right now is that you are comparable to Thesis and free. I am afraid you will lose that if you go with a $100 product. I think a better bet is releasing a simplified free-or-very-cheap version with an upgrade path. Get people hooked and then make them upgrade. At very minimum, give us a developer license for use with my clients, I may even pay a few hundred for that. Without that, I will just go with Thesis and their developer license that gives me a right to resell for $40. It's a more mature product.

My next project is actually styling Atahualpa like Thesis, because Thesis has much better typography. I will write more when that's done.

warm regards,
marc
http://everymanmarketing.com

Danielwerner Nov 8, 2009 06:14 PM

I don't agree. I think Atahualpa is the free product that will get people hooked. If I hadn't downloaded Atahualpa about two years ago and gotten COMPLETELY hooked, I wouldn't have waited for Themeframe for 6 months.

I would gladly pay $100 for a completed Themeframe-product, since I know how great Atahualpa was. Atahualpa should be the free theme and Themeframe the premium theme with all the Atahualpa-features and more. The main thing is to keep Atahualpa good but Themeframe better, and I know people will pay that much for it. :)

Although, I must say, with that pricing I ASSUME that there won't be a footer credit link.

paulae Nov 8, 2009 06:25 PM

Having recently worked with Artisteer to create some custom themes for clients, and trying out Thesis and Hybrid, I'm even more of an Atahualpa lover, and I can't wait for Themeframe.

I love that, even with "just" Atahualpa, I can give my clients customized sites that don't look like everybody else's on the web. I like to spend my time thinking about how to structure the site, not about how to tweak all the options by hand. I'm freed from all of that by the extremely useful Atahualpa options.

Themeframe should be even better.

Wimbledon Nov 8, 2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulae (Post 18445)
And let's not forget that Flynn was off the reservation for a while in October doing his military service, so cut him some slack, folks! We're glad you came home safely, Flynn!

Amen to that!

gonzalolandin Nov 9, 2009 05:56 AM

I think that if you have been working with Atahualpa you will be please to pay 100$ for theme frame.
I would pay 100$ for Atahualpa also.

bsizzle Nov 9, 2009 02:12 PM

Is it too late to donate to get into the beta group?

Liston Nov 9, 2009 03:01 PM

As Flynn said you can get in anytime before it is released. Since it is not released yet, I would say the answer is yes.

lhanft Nov 9, 2009 08:47 PM

Has the beta testing started? I'd also like to participate -- and made sure to pay my $40 before the deadline so I could!

Lila

masterchief Nov 10, 2009 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonzalolandin (Post 18573)
I think that if you have been working with Atahualpa you will be please to pay 100$ for theme frame.
I would pay 100$ for Atahualpa also.

contribute more for it... :)

Flynn Nov 10, 2009 08:13 PM

Themeframe will be for unlimited sites and domains, your own sites and client sites. No limitation there, and no extra fees per client site or things like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by everyman (Post 18480)
Hey Flynn, Juggledad --

Obviously we are all "chomping at the bit" to get our hands on Themeframe and curious about the pricing. I understand you need to make a living, however, here is some feedback about that. Your main competitive advantage right now is that you are comparable to Thesis and free. I am afraid you will lose that if you go with a $100 product. I think a better bet is releasing a simplified free-or-very-cheap version with an upgrade path. Get people hooked and then make them upgrade. At very minimum, give us a developer license for use with my clients, I may even pay a few hundred for that. Without that, I will just go with Thesis and their developer license that gives me a right to resell for $40. It's a more mature product.

My next project is actually styling Atahualpa like Thesis, because Thesis has much better typography. I will write more when that's done.

warm regards,
marc
http://everymanmarketing.com


Flynn Nov 10, 2009 08:14 PM

There won't be footer credits. I really want this to be a useful tool for web designers and developers. A tool even I myself would (and will) use.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielwerner (Post 18486)
I don't agree. I think Atahualpa is the free product that will get people hooked. If I hadn't downloaded Atahualpa about two years ago and gotten COMPLETELY hooked, I wouldn't have waited for Themeframe for 6 months.

I would gladly pay $100 for a completed Themeframe-product, since I know how great Atahualpa was. Atahualpa should be the free theme and Themeframe the premium theme with all the Atahualpa-features and more. The main thing is to keep Atahualpa good but Themeframe better, and I know people will pay that much for it. :)

Although, I must say, with that pricing I ASSUME that there won't be a footer credit link.


Danielwerner Nov 10, 2009 09:06 PM

Keep up the good work, Flynn!

A question though: The themeframe beta, with the features that isn't implemented yet, will it be possible to build and maintain a site with the beta, and not lose any functions that Atahualpa has? How big will the limitations be on the beta?

You see, I'm going to build a pretty big (I hope) site this week, and I'm not sure if I should use Atahualpa and wait until Themeframe goes 1.0, or wait a until the beta is released and start on the site then.

lhanft Nov 12, 2009 09:46 PM

I agree that the positive experience of using Atahualpa will make more-than-casual users willing to pay for Themeframe. Especially if the support community is as robust and helpful as this one is.

Early today, I checked out a new twitter follower to see if I wanted to follow him back. When I got to his website I found it was Atahualpa-themed! I felt immediate kinship. Anyone who's using Atahualpa can't be all bad, can they? ;)

gomer Nov 13, 2009 11:56 AM

Increased donation level to $40. Since ThemeFrame not released yet, can I be included in beta?

Danielwerner Nov 13, 2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomer (Post 18869)
Increased donation level to $40. Since ThemeFrame not released yet, can I be included in beta?

Read the latest posts please, it says that you can donate and be included in the beta UNTIL the beta is released.

gomer Nov 13, 2009 12:12 PM

Come on, dude, a simple yes/no is enough. We don't need to talk down to each other.

Thanks anyway.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.