Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Comments, trackbacks & pings (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Comments on "Page" pages bug (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2439)

ricky119 Jul 14, 2009 10:39 PM

Comments on "Page" pages bug

when i enabled "Allow comments on "Page" pages, too?" in the theme setting.

then goto my wordpress control panel-->settings-->discussion, and enabled " Break comments into pages with comments per page and the lastfirst page displayed by default
"

I found that the last break comment page displayed all the comments(should be the number which i config in the wordpress, e.g=20), also include all the comments in the previous break comment page.
The previous comment page was ok(only display 20 comments)

I belive this was the theme issue, because when i try to change to another theme, the break comment page works fine.

mrfroasty Jul 15, 2009 05:43 AM

Not sure if this has something to do with the theme, but no comment capability on pages....users can get comments only on posts....

Atleast what is happening on my site

Flynn Jul 15, 2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricky119 (Post 10309)
when i enabled "Allow comments on "Page" pages, too?" in the theme setting.

then goto my wordpress control panel-->settings-->discussion, and enabled " Break comments into pages with comments per page and the lastfirst page displayed by default
"

I found that the last break comment page displayed all the comments(should be the number which i config in the wordpress, e.g=20), also include all the comments in the previous break comment page.
The previous comment page was ok(only display 20 comments)

I belive this was the theme issue, because when i try to change to another theme, the break comment page works fine.

Just to be sure, this works on the other theme with comments on static pages, right?

Flynn Jul 15, 2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfroasty (Post 10331)
Not sure if this has something to do with the theme, but no comment capability on pages....users can get comments only on posts....

Atleast what is happening on my site

You can enable this at Style & configure comments -> Allow comments on "Page" pages, too?

ricky119 Jul 15, 2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flynn (Post 10411)
Just to be sure, this works on the other theme with comments on static pages, right?

definitely

ricky119 Jul 20, 2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flynn (Post 10411)

can we fix it in next version?

Flynn Jul 22, 2009 04:39 PM

I tried to replicate this with 3 pages of comments (3 comments each page) on a static page and did not have this issue, on wp 2.8.1 and Atahualpa 3.4.3 (not released yet but should be same as 3.4.2 in the comment area)

What is your Wordpress and Atahualpa version and what are all your settings at WP admin -> Settings -> Discussion?