Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   New Versions, & Updating (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [SOLVED] 3.4.9 problems: Send me your FTP/WP account details through PM (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=7146)

Flynn May 17, 2010 01:40 AM

[SOLVED] 3.4.9 problems: Send me your FTP/WP account details through PM

I cannot reproduce these 3.4.9 errors, neither locally nor on a host, where only the footer is shown, and no CSS is being applied

If you have a WP site that isn't really launched yet, or not important, basically one that can show errors / be offline repeatedly throughout the day...

... and you have these errors in 3.4.9, please feel free to send me through PM your
  • FTP account details (FTP address, username and password)
  • WP account details (WP user name and password)
  • if possible also PHPMyAdmin or other MySQL administration tool account details (user name and password). If you don't have this, just the FTP and WP account should be enough

Carlo May 20, 2010 01:15 AM

Dear Flinn,

I have the dreaded "no-css" problem. I was on 3.4.6 and upgraded to 3.4.9. This didn't work. Then I went back to 3.4.6. and all worked fine again. Then I tried 3.4.8 and the problem was back. Now I am on 3.4.6 again and everything is working.

I tried on several browsers, the problem is the same everywhere.

I also tried the 3.4.9 version on a site that never had an installation of Atahualpa. This picked up the theme fine. So a fresh installations seem to work fine. Could it be that the theme somehow looses track of its database settings?

I truly hope this can be fixed, because I would dread to have to abandon this theme. But for the time being, I am forced to stick to 3.4.6

Thanks for your amazing work....

Carlo May 20, 2010 02:15 AM

L.S.,

I have tested this problem on more sites: some installations upgrade to 3.4.9 without a problem and I have two that won't work. I'd be damned if I could find the differences, the sites run on the same server. Somehow this seems to point to a DB problem.

Carlo May 20, 2010 05:22 AM

I found a solution to this thing after some trying and erroring: if you hit the save button at the bottom of the RSS configuration page of Atahualpa, it loads the CSS without problems and the site looks like it should.

juggledad May 20, 2010 06:18 AM

Carlo, hitting save is a 'get arround' it is not discovering the actual cause. that is wat we are trying to do.

You say you have several sites on the same server and some upgraded and some didn't.
Is that correct?
1) who is the host?
2) are they all in the same directory structure on the server (different subfolders)
3) are you sure they are running on the same server machine
4) have you done a phpinfo() on each to see if there is any difference
5) are there any .htaccess files in the wordpress or sub directories - any differences?

Carlo May 20, 2010 08:07 AM

True. No cause, but a solution. But since hitting that specific CSS-page SAVE was the only one that actually helped, I thought it might help you to find the culprit.

As to your questions:

1. The sites are all on the same server.
2. The host is wiseadvise.nl
3. Per domain I have a separate domain folder with underlying file structure.
4. The two (formerly non-cooperating) domains are on the same server.
5. I have not done a phpinfo() for I don't know what it is. I do know that this environment runs one (the latest) PHP version.
6. The htaccess I must pass up on, I have no opportunity to compare them now.

4arter May 24, 2010 02:17 AM

I am using WP 2.9.2 and am getting a white page with only unformatted text as follows: