Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Header configuration & styling (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Moving JQUERY to end of body tag in header (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=21023)

nathaliep Oct 17, 2013 04:22 PM

Moving JQUERY to end of body tag in header

Hi All,

WordPress: Version 3.6.1
Atahualpa 3.7.12

I cannot figure out how to move the JQUERY to the end of the body tag for faster page loading. I received this message after running Google PageSpeed:

[i][indent]None of the above-the-fold content on your page could be rendered without waiting for the following resources to load. Try to defer or asynchronously load blocking resources, or inline the critical portions of those resources directly in the HTML.
Remove render-blocking JavaScript:

Thanks for any help you can offer!

juggledad Oct 17, 2013 06:35 PM

the only thing you can do with the theme is make the JS external (ato->Configure CSS & JS->Javascript: External file or inline?)

the rest of the JS you will need to ask the plugin developers and wordpress about.

nathaliep Oct 17, 2013 08:23 PM

I did make the JS external, but that didn't help. The plugin developer emailed: "The script is loaded before the meta tags because your theme is coded in that way. You can check header.php of your theme. Loading it at the end (just before ending body tag) is always preferable. But, it all depends on your theme and the theme author."
Please guide me as to how I can move the code to the end of the body tag. Thanks

nathaliep Oct 18, 2013 10:44 AM

Thank you. I had changed "Javascript" (ato->Configure CSS & JS->Javascript: ) to External file, but that didn't do it. Before i wrote you, I contacted the plug-in developer. He looked at my WP->Dashboard ->Appearance->Editor and replied: "The script is loaded before the meta tags because your theme is coded in that way. You can check header.php of your theme. Loading it at the end (just before ending body tag) is always preferable. But, it all depends on your theme and the theme author."

As for contacting WP, the plug-in loads at the end of the body tag on my 9 other sites using different themes.

Please suggest how to do the same within this theme.

nathaliep Oct 18, 2013 06:57 PM

It was my pleasure to pay $20 for this theme i've been using for years, but I don't understand why you're no longer responding ? Also, why are my reply posts not being approved and posted? I'm regretting my decision to join.

nathaliep Oct 20, 2013 03:25 PM

I've been using this theme for 2 years and really like it; however, after paying $20 to join this forum, I'm a bit disappointed in the response from the moderators. I've tried to add 3 replies to this thread, but each time it said "waiting for approval, and was never added. Also, I've sent 3 emails and have received no response. Please, let me know this is just an oversight so I don't feel complete remorse for paying to join.

nathaliep Oct 20, 2013 03:25 PM

http://covervitiligo.com/wp-content/...4.25.20-PM.png

lmilesw Oct 20, 2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathaliep (Post 104246)
I'm a bit disappointed in the response from the moderators.

You got a response from Juggledad indicating the only suggestion short of recoding the theme which is not within the scope of this forum.

juggledad Oct 20, 2013 07:08 PM

For some reason, your posts have been coming up 'moderated' and not showing in the queue that is why you have not heard back from me. In addition, I do this on my free time and as I have been doing a lot of babysitting for my 2 1/2 year old, 1 1/2 year old and 8 mth grandsons and doing some work for paying customers, I haven been looking at the forum.

Quote:

I've been using this theme for 2 years and really like it; however, after paying $20 to join this forum, I'm a bit disappointed in the response from the moderators.
So you've used the theme for free for two years and you finally donated $20 to the developer. Lets do the math, 2 years = 730 days. you donated $20 so that works out to under 3 cents per day, and now you are disappointed that you are not getting instant free support from the unpaid moderators...does that about sum it up?

1) The forum is free to join
2) members who donate $20 get access to the gold forum with extra information (like tutorials) there. They generally get more attention when the moderators have time in their lives to look at the forums. Diamond members get even higher priority - when we have time to look at the forums.
3) I just looked at several themes, not one of them adds </body> in the header.php - every single one of them adds the </body> in the footer.php - as does atahualpa. Perhaps you mean to ask how to move the jscripts just before the <body>?
4) did you check with twenty-twelve?

nathaliep Oct 20, 2013 08:37 PM

As you know from reading the posts which needed approval, I was not disturbed by the lack of quick response; I was not getting any response. Before writing my last post I did check the message boards to see if perhaps the moderators had not been responding because they were busy with life, but I saw regular activity.

You're welcome for the donation. I'm glad to help.
Nathalie