Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2 ??'s - Header Img & Main Menu, current page link (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=20473)

bloggingky Jun 8, 2013 11:07 PM

2 ??'s - Header Img & Main Menu, current page link

I have probably been thru 100 different themes, if you count me trying Drupal, TypePad, WP, Blogger, and about 10 more available in the control panel of my website. I finally found this theme and I think I'm finally home. I can change frellin' everything!! I am loving this, even though it has taken me hours and hours and hours to get this far. I've added a lot of my own CSS to tweak this 'n' that, but I'm stuck on two items.

The header theme, it's cut off on the right and on the bottom. Where is the place that I can specify how large the header image should be? That way I can just change that to the image parameters, rather than re-making the image. I'm sure it's there ... somewhere. lol

And, I've changed & tweaked the menu so that the background is red, the font is white. I'd like to keep that the same on the current page link, and I've added the CSS to make that happen, but it's stubbornly refusing to change. Please take a look at
http://www.progressiveinsanity.com/test and let me know how/where to find the code that is keeping my current menu item link from being white on red, like the rest of the links are. The custom CSS that I added is:
Code:

div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.current-menu-item a:link {   
    color: #FFFFFF!important;
        background: #990000;
        font: bold 14px Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;
        margin: 0;
        text-decoration: underline;
        text-transform: uppercase;
}

but the font is red on a pink background. Any chance someone can see what I'm missing? I'd really appreciate the help times two. Thank you in advance.
~Ky

lmilesw Jun 9, 2013 07:50 AM

To have the image "fit" you need to set the site to fixed width instead of percentage in The Style and Configure Layout section. To change the menu colors the first place to try is in the Menu settings of the theme options. If that doesn't do what you want you sometimes have to add !important to the CSS you add to the CSS Inserts box in the theme options.

Where are you putting the CSS? Also I think the selector would be
HTML Code:

.current_page_item

bloggingky Jun 9, 2013 11:04 AM

Thank you for your reply. Changing the theme to a fixed means it wont scale though, correct? I'd like to keep it responsive AND have the image fit.

Also, the menu section in the theme options are configured for the body now. The only place those options show up are in the body. I've copied the menu section from Firebug and have changed all of that in the Edit CSS box. Same with the links for the RSS options at the top. Those and the menu are in the custom CSS box, the only place the theme option links show up are in the body now. I do have !important, and it still isnt working.

Any chance you could take a look at the page and see if you're able to figure out where the code is that's keeping it from changing? Or, if you see something wrong in my code that's making it not *stick?

~Ky

lmilesw Jun 9, 2013 11:57 AM

You should be able to make those color choices in the Menu 1 section of the theme options.

As for responsiveness. Atahualpa is not a responsive theme. It will size to the window but you should set a minimum width.

As for having the image expand and contract you could play with background-size property but other things like height and legibility come in to play. If it got much smaller it would not be readable.

I would probably opt for adding a new widget area in place of %image and then using a responsive slider to show the four pictures you have. They would of course have to be resized to fit the slider.

Did you get my PM (Private Message)?