Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Plugins & Atahualpa (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Co-Author Plus plugin to be used with Atahualpa? (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=20110)

karina Apr 11, 2013 11:42 PM

Co-Author Plus plugin to be used with Atahualpa?

Hello all,

I'd really like to use the plugin Co-Author Plus with my blog, and although I've tried to follow the plugin author's instructions, I just can't seem to find the right files where the changes are to be made.

It all seems simple enough, but as I'm rather new to this stuff, I'm not sure if I'm just not looking in the right place. Perhaps someone can guide me into the right direction? Or perhaps this plugin just cannot be used with this theme?

I'm using Atahualpa version 3.7.1 on Wordpress version 3.5.1, just in case this information is significant.

Thanks so much!

juggledad Apr 12, 2013 04:50 AM

Atahualpa 3.7.1 is an old release of the theme. You should first upgrade to the latest version.
Make sure to do a database backup first (but of corse you know to do that before making any major changes and your do it on a regular basis anyways...right?)

In addition the directions for that plugin ARE confusing. It took me a half hour to figure out what he was truig to say (I've also posted a thread on the wordpress support forum with a suggestion on changing it to make it more understandable)

basically he is replacing all the 'author' functions in wordpress with his own versions. And the way the plugin is written, you have to edit the theme and change every 'author' function to his equilivant. In Atahuapa there are 17 places you will have to change AND you will have to make this change each time you upgrade the theme.

in version 3.7.11 the locations are
HTML Code:

comments-paged.php:43:                <li <?php if ( $bfa_ata['author_highlight'] == "Yes" AND $comment->comment_author_email == get_the_author_meta('email') ) {
bfa_meta_tags.php:107:        #                $bfa_ata_page_title = htmlentities(the_author(),ENT_QUOTES); }  // this won't work
bfa_postinfo.php:52:                        the_author();
bfa_postinfo.php:73:                        the_author_meta('description');
bfa_postinfo.php:82:                        the_author_meta('user_login');
bfa_postinfo.php:91:                        the_author_meta('first_name');
bfa_postinfo.php:100:                        the_author_meta('last_name');
bfa_postinfo.php:109:                        the_author_meta('nickname');
bfa_postinfo.php:118:                        the_author_meta('ID');
bfa_postinfo.php:127:                        the_author_meta('email');
bfa_postinfo.php:135:                $postinfo = str_replace("%author-email%", antispambot(get_the_author_email()), $postinfo);
bfa_postinfo.php:141:                        the_author_meta('url');
bfa_postinfo.php:150:                        the_author_link();
bfa_postinfo.php:159:                        the_author_posts_link();
bfa_postinfo.php:168:                        the_author_posts_link();
bfa_postinfo.php:177:                        the_author_posts();
bfa_postinfo.php:186:                        the_author_meta('aim');
bfa_postinfo.php:195:                        the_author_meta('yim');