Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Sidebars & Widgets (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   [SOLVED] Where to insert code for Paypal donate? (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=10153)

sjolyjuly Oct 7, 2010 01:24 PM

[SOLVED] Where to insert code for Paypal donate?

I inserted the Paypal code below the 'google analytics' code in the header and the donate button showed up at the top middle of the screen. It should go below the widget for Paypal in the right sidebar but I can't tell where to insert the code. There is a mention of sidebars under 'theme functions'. Help. Without that code the widget shows up without the 'donate' button. Am I making any sense?

arthritis-alternatives.com

lmilesw Oct 7, 2010 02:45 PM

If you want it in the sidebar then I would put it in a widget in the sidebar. If you code has php you will need to install a php friendly text widget.

sjolyjuly Oct 8, 2010 11:32 AM

I've read through the forum posts on this subject and I need more help. Can I get more specific info?

I've got the paypal code and I know it works because I installed it in the wrong place yesterday. It worked ok, but I need it connected to an existing right sidebar widget. I saw that Flynn said that the right sidebar code is in the footer. Where does it go in the footer?

Another subject: I made more donations a few days ago and all of my little gold bars have vanished. I liked them decorating the tag line with my user name. What happened to them? :o

lmilesw Oct 8, 2010 12:17 PM

First of all your gold bars are back.

With regards to the code here are the steps
  • Put a text widget in the sidebar
  • Put the Paypal code in the text widget
This has nothing to do with the footer.
There are also PayPal donation plugins you can install

sjolyjuly Oct 8, 2010 03:34 PM

ok. do you mean use a text box widget? That would put the code on the screen, wouldn't it?

I'm using the paypal donation plug in that also creates a widget. The install site says that there are options which are not showing up on my screen. I disconnected all plugins but it didn't help.

Do you know what causes this code to insert itself at the end of my posts? don't know what it means.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /> <input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" /> <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /> <input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" /> <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /> <input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" /> <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /> <input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" /> <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /> <input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" />

Thanks.

lmilesw Oct 8, 2010 03:53 PM

I would need to see where and what code you have added to your site for this PayPal donation. Could you post the code so I could test it? Can you post a link to your site?

sjolyjuly Oct 8, 2010 03:53 PM

It works! Thanks so much for your time and effort. Who knew?