Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [SOLVED] How to set the default post thumbnail / "Crop Post Thumbnails" issue (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=12331)

Fux Jan 19, 2011 08:53 AM

[SOLVED] How to set the default post thumbnail / "Crop Post Thumbnails" issue

Hi -

I'm pretty, pretty sure that there is an option somewhere to enter the path to the default-thumbnail which yould be displayed in those cases where no "post thumbnail" has been set. I know that because my installation is set up to do exactly that. But now I would like to change that path. Where is that? I thought it must be somewhere in Atahualpa. I did not modify the functions.php for this...

Also I tried to use the "Crop Post Thumbnails" option in Atahualpa. What I want to achieve is to have a uniform width x height of 300 x 200px and for all my excerpt images (which will be the post thumbnails). But entering these values on the Atahualpa "Post Thumbnails"-options page and, of course, turning on "Crop Post Thumbnails" does not achieve that. What happens is that the thumbnails outside of the 2:3 ratio will just be scaled so that ONE dimension fits the target size - no cropping.

I am using Ata 3.5.3, WP 3.0.4

lmilesw Jan 19, 2011 07:41 PM

To have a default thumbnail I think you may need to use a plugin. As for the size issue there is an interaction of the Atahualpa thumbnail setting and the WordPress Settings>Media settings. After changing the size in the Setting>Media you may have to use a plugin to regenerate the thumbnails.

Fux Jan 20, 2011 01:05 AM

Thanks for your reply!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilesw (Post 55327)
To have a default thumbnail I think you may need to use a plugin.

Are you totally sure? As I said, I already have a default thumbnail and I don't use a plugin for that. I do remember that I set this up after the release of WP 3.0 last summer, but I have no clue how I did it. It definitely is no modification of the WP code since it survived all the updates and I am, as I stated, quite sure that I did not modify the Ata functions.phph either (at least i can't find any code or path there related to this).

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilesw (Post 55327)
As for the size issue there is an interaction of the Atahualpa thumbnail setting and the WordPress Settings>Media settings. After changing the size in the Setting>Media you may have to use a plugin to regenerate the thumbnails.

OK, I changed that but still get the same result.

Any more ideas?

lmilesw Jan 20, 2011 07:13 AM

I cannot think of a theme setting for path to default thumbnail. After you changed Media settings did you regenerate the thumbnails?

Fux Jan 20, 2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilesw (Post 55369)
I cannot think of a theme setting for path to default thumbnail.

OK, maybe I AM imagining things and did solve this another strange way.. But it sure would be cool to have a plugin that automatically sets up default post thumbnails.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilesw (Post 55369)
After you changed Media settings did you regenerate the thumbnails?

I did, but it seems there was a hiccup. I now regenerated them for the second time and it finally works.

Thanks a lot, your support is much appreciated!