Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   New Versions, & Updating (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Atahualpa 4.0 = responsive (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=22782)

WebHeer Mar 25, 2015 08:47 AM

Nearly 7 months ago Flyn told us that the job was almost done..........:confused:

mercader3000 Mar 31, 2015 11:33 AM

After 7 years using Atahualpa in many projects I'm sad to leave Atahualpa, one of the greatest theme ever.
A responsive theme is a must nowadays, and Google will penalize sites not being up to date with new technologies.
:(
Sadly Atahualpa isn't responsive...

I'm really looking forward for updates on this fantastic theme, hopefully soon. But for now I have to start looking for alternatives.

:confused:

mrsp31wannabe Apr 8, 2015 01:49 PM

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Atahualpa. I don't want to leave (and am totally unsatisfied with any other theme I've found) but with the 21st deadline looming, I am looking at what to switch to.

Sad, sad, sad. Hoping I get some news really soon that it's done. Anything??:(

thetravelchronicle Apr 13, 2015 08:50 PM

Back at the beginning of this thread, Flynn mentioned Page Builder, which I discovered independently just over a week ago.

It gives amazing layout control over the center column and is completely responsive. It's essentially a widget framework, and you can load just about anything into the containers it gives you. It takes about an hour to learn the basics, and I reconstructed and transferred an old (non-atahualpa) WordPress site in a couple of days. There isn't much you can't do between Atahualpa and this Plug-in. Just lose your sidebars and use your imagination.

I tired to give them a donation, but the website says it's free and always will be - so this is not an ad.

alexmai Apr 16, 2015 11:04 AM

email from google:

Is your site mobile-friendly?

Starting April 21, Google Search will be expanding its use of mobile-friendliness as a ranking signal....

tlck9 Apr 20, 2015 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetravelchronicle (Post 112052)
Back at the beginning of this thread, Flynn mentioned Page Builder, which I discovered independently just over a week ago.

It gives amazing layout control over the center column and is completely responsive.

Hi there, can I ask which page builder you looked at? I found a number when I did a search. I've had to move over to another theme pending a responsive theme from Atahualpa - however I did read that the theme I had chosen, was not interchangeable with other themes, so once you switch that's it....so i'd be interested in finding out a page builder that I could retain Atahualpa when the new version appears.

juggledad Apr 20, 2015 12:12 PM

@tick9 - have you seen this thread: How To pass Google's 'Mobile-Friendly Test' ?

WebHeer Apr 22, 2015 10:53 AM

Any news on the coming Atahualpa 4.0

swimflyfast2 Apr 27, 2015 04:58 PM

It looks like this is on the same road as themeframe...:(

WebHeer Apr 28, 2015 05:06 AM

I switched to Themler, does it all you need. http://themler.com/

msg-meteorites May 10, 2015 04:47 AM

Any news on the coming Atahualpa 4.0? Likely to be within the next couple of months?

msg-meteorites Jul 5, 2015 02:41 PM

Is version 4.0 just delayed or has it been kai boshed?

mcphoto Aug 6, 2015 07:30 AM

I've got something like 30 sites done with ATA. But nobody wants a static "sidebar & header" site anymore (and when clients "think" they do, I tell them how poor their sites will look compared to the competition). I've built my last couple sites with X-Theme, and while I miss the awesome control panel from ATA, it's just light years behind a modern theme with drag & drop page creation, independent page styling, and full responsive design with all the animated stuff people like. Maybe the ATA team is about to blow our minds - something like X-Theme with ATA's controls would be the ultimate site creator for the next phase of the web. I'll cross my fingers.

WebHeer Aug 7, 2015 03:01 PM

Just three and a half week to go and than it is one year ago Flynn told us the job was nearly done.

alexmai Sep 16, 2015 06:58 AM

I think we really need a responsive theme that works well with the mobile ads. Mobile ads are getting larger shares by day, its very important to our incomes.

WebHeer Sep 16, 2015 03:29 PM

Themler or TemplateToaster do the job.

camsalis Sep 23, 2015 10:17 AM

I loved the Atahualpa theme also, and then it vanished about June 1, 2015, taking all widgets and plugins with it. I was not able to restore it, even after deactivating it, despite my dashboard saying that it was still active and working fine. Flynn, was there an update about June 1 that I didn't check?

Does anyone know if PressPlay will work better? So far it is doing almost everything I want except for updating the header background. It hasn't been updated in 2 years. Is it still safe to use?

jankph Sep 26, 2015 08:26 AM

I've used ATA since 2010, and I loved it, never wanting to switch, but tired of waiting for a responsive version, I switched to Responsive Pro from Cyberchimps.

ghl Sep 29, 2015 01:18 AM

Strange that nobody of the team replies on all these questions concerning 4.0.

WebHeer Sep 29, 2015 03:38 AM

Contempt of their customers. I paid for ThemeFrame, but you hear or see anything anymore.

juggledad Sep 29, 2015 08:46 AM

The only one who can answer this is Flynn the developer. Larry and I are just volunteer moderators.

dadadesign Oct 6, 2015 01:59 AM

I also love Atahualpa and have done over a dozen websites based on this theme. Over the last years the desire and pressure to design responsive sites have gotten stronger and stronger. Now, near the end of 2015, I am feeling I have to leave Ata and sadly start to search for alternatives.

ghl Nov 26, 2015 03:40 AM

So, Flynn, give us all an answer.

_kimberley Nov 26, 2015 09:32 AM

And what if I did make theme mobile friedly? Do I have to remove that first or does it speak for itself?

Firebird Dec 5, 2015 09:23 PM

This thread is really embarrasing for BytesForAll. :-(
A whole year of promising ver 4 and responsiveness and nothing said about it for many months.
It looks dead in the water to me.
Looking for alternative theme now and probably never coming back... ~