Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Page & Category Menu Bars (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Static Page Appears twice in menu bar if selected as home page (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=9071)

dorich Aug 20, 2010 03:19 PM

Static Page Appears twice in menu bar if selected as home page

Problem:
Just activated A3 on a new site.
Created a static page and designated it as "Home"
Result: New page appear twice in the menu bar, so the end result looks like
HOME ABOUT HOME

Switched back to the default theme and the menu bar looks like
HOME ABOUT

This seems to suggest that I need to tweak something in the A3 theme.

Can anyone point me to a reference on what to tweak and how.

Thanks

Velma Aug 20, 2010 03:26 PM

If you're using the most current versions of both Wordpress and Atahualpa, I would suggest you use the Wordperfect menu system. It works REALLY GREAT with the latest version.

If not, go to the Page Menu settings, and in "Home link in Page Menu Bar", remove the word Home from there and leave it blank.

Either way it should do it for you. :)

Warmly,

Velma

dorich Aug 23, 2010 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velma (Post 41045)
If you're using the most current versions of both Wordpress and Atahualpa, I would suggest you use the Wordperfect menu system. It works REALLY GREAT with the latest version.

If not, go to the Page Menu settings, and in "Home link in Page Menu Bar", remove the word Home from there and leave it blank.

Either way it should do it for you. :)

Warmly,

Velma

Thanks Valma:

Just for other readers a few points:
1. It appears that Atahualpa 3 does not support the menu system,
Quote:

The current theme does not natively support menus, but you can use the “Custom Menu” widget to add any menus you create here to the theme’s sidebar.
, but perhaps I'm misinterpreting the wording.

2. I assume you meant "wordpress" menu system rather than "wordperfect" menu system?

3. Using the A3 Theme Options the instructions for setting the order of pages in the menu system appear to be inaccurate. I went to the "Pages" in the dashboard and used the "order" field to set the order of the pages. I couldn't find "manage" as referred to in the instructions on the Theme Options.

Again, thanks for the help, I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

juggledad Aug 23, 2010 10:01 AM

Atahualpa 3.5.3 supports the new WordPress menus

aravere Sep 23, 2010 01:27 PM

Along the same lines (I think), I would like to do the following with my menu bar:

1. can I center the menu bar as opposed to having it be in the upper left corner?
2. my "Home" button shows my "Contact" page. In ATO -> Header Area -> Page Menu Bar -> Sorting order of Page Menu Bar, there's instruction that says "(Change the page order at Manage -> Pages -> Click on page title -> Page Order)"- but I cannot locate any of this. Where is it?
3. In the same section (Page Menu Bar), no matter what width I choose in "Width of Sub Menus", it doesn't change. Any clues why?

Thanks!!

BTW- changed header to create fading headers, and it works great!!! Thx.

aravere Sep 23, 2010 04:39 PM

Found the answer to #2 above- it's in Dashboard > Pages > Pages. No longer called 'Manage' but instead Dashboard. Still have to figure out questions 1 & 2. Also looking for how to move the rotating header to the top of the page and menu immediately underneath it. That's Question 4! :)

juggledad Sep 23, 2010 07:43 PM

read the doc in the 'Configure Header Area'

aravere Sep 23, 2010 08:25 PM

Ah...cool. I'm starting to see how this works...this is encouraging. I've been using the forum search, but you've set me straight much quicker! :) I'll be a donator before long!

aravere Sep 23, 2010 08:47 PM

Okay- learned how to move my header and logo around. Can't get the page menu bar up tight beneath the header b/c the 'Posts / Comments' thing is in the way. I'd also like to widen the sub menus (have 'em set at 21, but no matter what the setting, it doesn't seem to take affect).

My site: http://iguanapaint.com/

juggledad Sep 24, 2010 04:34 AM

The 'post/comment thing' is the logo area, so if you go %image %pages %logo you will have the menu just beneath the image.

aravere Sep 24, 2010 07:06 AM

Thx! Didn't realize the two were linked together. Is there a tutorial that lays out the basics of the Atahualpa options so that I don't need to bog down the forum? :o

BTW, Can I widen the page menu boxes to spread 'em out a bit?