Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Page & Category Menu Bars (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   [SOLVED] Pages Submenu Not Showing (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=6584)

casahac Apr 3, 2010 04:23 PM

[SOLVED] Pages Submenu Not Showing

Wordpress 2.9.2
Atahualpa 3.4.6

I have added 2 new pages with a blank parent page. The dropdown submenu is not showing when the parent page is highlighted in the menu bar. I know that I've done something boneheaded here, because when I put the first page in that referenced the parent page, the submenu was showing. Now it's not............

Any ideas?

Thanks,

casahac

juggledad Apr 4, 2010 03:00 PM

What is the URL?

casahac Apr 4, 2010 06:41 PM

www.ciafront.com

juggledad Apr 5, 2010 05:18 AM

what page is the parent?

I was just thinking, you seem to have some problems with yor pages. I would worry about a corrupt database. you may want to do an export - delete tables - import to see if that may clean things up, or better yet, do the export, create a NEW database, import into it createa new wordpress install and see how it looks there.

casahac Apr 6, 2010 12:53 PM

I'll give that a try and let you know what happens. Makes sense to me because some of the "results" I get seem completely out of whack for whatever I'm doing at the time.

Cheers,

casahac

casahac Apr 6, 2010 01:46 PM

Well, that fixed the submenu problem, is there any way to recover some of the bazillion changes I had made to the ATO section that were lost in the process?

Thanks,

John

juggledad Apr 6, 2010 03:00 PM

any option you set should still be there because when you did the export, it will be in the wp-options table. What area of the ATO are you talking about?

which method did you attempt? Creating a NEW database??

casahac Apr 6, 2010 03:11 PM

I created a new database. Lost all the changes I had made to colors, turning broken lines into solid, etc. and once again have posts showing on pages.........Oy! Makes my head hurt.....

juggledad Apr 6, 2010 03:28 PM

That doesn't make sense unless the database was very messed up.

If you edit A COPY of the export, you should be able to search for the wp-options table and then look for things that start with 'bfa_'

zip a cop of the export and email it to me and I'll take a look

juggledad Apr 6, 2010 05:42 PM

Ahh, you didn't do a complete export of your database. You used the built in export function that only exports the posts, comments, and categories. You need to do a COMPLETE export of the database, all the tables. Get the 'wp dbmanager' plugin or just use phpMyAdmin and you can export the entire database with that.

casahac Apr 7, 2010 01:15 PM

OK, I created a new database, imported the content of the old db and all that. Everything seems to be working good, except I'm back to the original problem; the submenu is not showing. It's deja vu all over again.......

casahac

juggledad Apr 12, 2010 06:32 AM

The problem was a plugin adding a new option to the pages allowing you to exclude the page from navagation