Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   New Versions, & Updating (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [SOLVED] Error message with 3.7.3 and Wordpress 3.3 (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=16305)

NeilUK02 Dec 20, 2011 05:45 AM

[SOLVED] Error message with 3.7.3 and Wordpress 3.3

Hi

I have noticed this error appearing when a seperate post is viewed, it doesn't appear if you go to the main URL but appears in Post views.

"Warning: DOMDocument::loadHTML() [domdocument.loadhtml]: Empty string supplied as input in /home/content/96/8475896/html/blog/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/header.php on line 51"

Any ideas how to fix it? It doesn't seem to stop the Blog working, the header appears normally, the admin bar is there but under the admin bar and directly above the header is this error.

Thanks

juggledad Dec 20, 2011 06:18 AM

have you made any changes to the theme code?
what happens if you disable all plugins.

NeilUK02 Dec 20, 2011 07:28 AM

I haven't made any changes to the code since the update and all the plug ins I have are ones I had before this error. I did make changes using the theme editor when I first installed the theme but that was ages ago. I am using custom photos in the header and changed the size but only using the editor options provided, no hard coding.

I can't think what plug in could be causing it but I can try disabling one by one to troubleshoot. The error message only appears on some posts, not all. Very strange

I can PM you the link if it helps, but it's a modelling Blog so wouldn't want to post the link here publicly

juggledad Dec 20, 2011 07:32 AM

deactivate ALL plugins, then reactivate them one by one - there could be two that conflict with each other

NeilUK02 Dec 20, 2011 12:47 PM

I've deactivated every plug in including the default akismet one, the error still shows up. There are now no plug ins active at all

Cheers

juggledad Dec 20, 2011 01:13 PM

So what is different from this post compared to others?

You could try taking parts of the post out till you fine out what causes it.

NeilUK02 Dec 20, 2011 03:34 PM

It's more than just one post but there's nothing obviously different between the posts, all are similar format. An article with photos using the Media Gallery [gallery] command and some have links in them. Just checked two posts one has the error on it and the other doesn't and there is no difference apart from the amount of photos attached to the posts.

Just an article and the gallery command with each post, it's baffling, for what I can see the posts are identical

NeilUK02 Dec 20, 2011 03:43 PM

FIXED!! - It was the featured images! Basically I have been having a problem since Wordpress 3.3 with Facebook not finding a thumbnail when I post a link to my page.

I tried adding a featured image to see if that made FB find it but it didn't. However I have now found that unless I attach a featured image I get this error. This means it must be one of the plug ins even though it was deactivated.

I installed a plug in to try and force FB to find the featured image but it didn't work so I deactivated the plug in. But it still seems to be making this error happen, no real problem to assign featured images from now on, at least I know what caused it.

Odd that it still occurs with the plug in disabled but hey ho! That's computers for you ;-) Thanks for the help, I wouldn't have thought of the featured images if you hadn't mentioned what was different. I had forgotten all about it!