Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   New Versions, & Updating (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [SOLVED] After upgrading to Atahualpa 3.7.20, text is displayed differently in browse (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=22991)

dabeed Jan 5, 2015 12:09 PM

[SOLVED] After upgrading to Atahualpa 3.7.20, text is displayed differently in browse

My site is here: www.davidweiss.net
WP 4.1

Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly how the information in the browser tab looked before, but since upgrading to Atahualpa 3.7.20, it definitely looks different. Does anyone else experience the same thing?
  • Text is now left-justified (I *think* it was centered before)
  • The site title is now preceded with a ">>" character, which I know is new. I don't know the exact character, but it's the one used in the breadcrumbs for this very forum. ; )
  • The format is now something like >>[site title] >> [page title], with no space between the character and the site title, but a space between the character and the page title.

I tried Twenty Fifteen, and it used a different format, so I know this is being controlled by the theme somehow.

I tried disabling plug-ins and got the same results. I also tried different browsers.

Anyone getting the same thing? How can I customize this?

Thanks much!

juggledad Jan 5, 2015 02:29 PM

Yup there was a change. I can see it flipping from 3.7.18 to 3.7.20 - I've sent a note to Flynn to see what it is all about.

cefiar Jan 5, 2015 02:50 PM

The character is
Code:

»
- Which might help in finding it.

juggledad Jan 5, 2015 03:42 PM

There is one spot there were a bunch of changes so I've asked Flynn what the changes were for before I attempt to patch it. This may take a few days.

dabeed Jan 5, 2015 06:45 PM

Many thanks, juggledad!

cefiar Jan 5, 2015 09:20 PM

No problem and thank you for looking into it.

FWIW: I'm using my own menu, rather than the pre-generated WP one, but changing it back to it being automatically generated by WP results in the same behaviour.

dabeed Jan 7, 2015 06:29 PM

I find that I can work around the display anomaly by answering Yes to ATO > Configure SEO > Use BFA SEO Options, and then using those options. Presumably an SEO plug-in would also accomplish that.

But juggledad should I just sit tight? Could such changes be... I don't know... detrimental in any way, while you're working on changes that might affect meta tags?

I wasn't really planning on getting into SEO, and don't know anything about SEO software. I was thinking of my site more as a "calling card" than a "visitor magnet," but it probably couldn't hurt getting found out there.

juggledad Jan 7, 2015 07:44 PM

Sure you can sit tight or use your solution.

IMHO SEO is a game where the rules get changed by the search engines. The best way to be highly ranked it to publish frequent original quality posts

dabeed Jan 7, 2015 08:10 PM

Thanks juggledad, good to hear. And I've always felt the same way about SEO.

dabeed Jan 15, 2015 04:10 PM

Marking as solved, since the work-around-works, and the latest update fixes it. Thanks again, juggledad, thanks Flynn!