Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Montezuma Theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Strange Website Resizing (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=20382)

africanos23 May 23, 2013 05:26 AM

Strange Website Resizing

Hey I am a new user for montezuma and its great but it seems to resize the header text and kind of flashes when loading is there something Im doing wrong.

Oh yeah one of the menus page/2 takes the whole screen size with no header no sidebars

Can anyone help me please?

jerryc May 23, 2013 05:50 AM

There's some javascript that puts in a nicer font. That's what you're seeing.

Send the url for page 2. Also, try using firebug and see what might be happening.

africanos23 May 23, 2013 11:44 AM

The fonts seem VERY VERY HUGE then resize smaller dont know if others feel the same anyway the url is ww.hardwarepal.com/category/monitors/page/2/

jerryc May 23, 2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by africanos23 (Post 100888)
The fonts seem VERY VERY HUGE then resize smaller dont know if others feel the same anyway the url is ww.hardwarepal.com/category/monitors/page/2/

The fonts look fine to me. You could make them smaller with CSS. This post might help.

The flash is negligible. Lots of sites do similar things. I'm not quite sure how to disable the js. I like what it does and the flash doesn't bother me, so I haven't looked into disabling it, but somebody else might, and you might even find something about it on this forum.

It looks like your home page is using a MZ grid layout, but not your page 2. Did you change the CSS, or are you not selecting the correct template? Be sure to read about templates under
Dashboard > Appearance > MZ options.

africanos23 May 23, 2013 02:45 PM

The pagination on this category is the only one that does it , all the other paginated categories are fine. I haven't touched css or anything other than the 20 grid options. I think i will do a cleanup uninstall and install the theme maybe it works.

jerryc May 23, 2013 08:55 PM

Pagination's not anything I know about. Maybe somebody else here knows the answer. Good luck.

juggledad May 24, 2013 03:29 AM

go to mto->export import, copy your settings to a text file and attach them to a reply.

africanos23 May 24, 2013 04:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Have reinstalled the theme and have reset all css files so theres no conflict , it seems to only be on this url http://www.hardwarepal.com/category/monitors/page/2/ that the problem is showing.
attached the code

africanos23 May 24, 2013 05:00 AM

just wanted to add the it returns a 500 server error in webmastertools.

juggledad May 24, 2013 05:50 AM

try temporarily turning off ALL your plugin

africanos23 May 24, 2013 12:14 PM

I have turned off all plugins used private browsing so it loads the new cache and still the same thing happens. Btw I changed the category just in case but the same thing persists.

If I add some articles in another category and it generates a second category page the output is fine .

juggledad May 24, 2013 01:05 PM

it could be something to do with one of the posts in this category. Try this go to dashboard->settings->reading and set the number of 'posts per page' to 2, then see what happens.

africanos23 May 24, 2013 01:40 PM

done that and it seems to appear again on the last page which is page/7 with 2 post per category it seems to be coming up on the blog page/ aswell around page/10

juggledad May 24, 2013 01:45 PM

ahh, so that means there is something about one of the posts in that area that is causing the issue. You will have to play to find out what is happening.

Assuming you have 14 posts in the category, set the 13 oldest to draft mode and see what happens, then the 12th, tehn the 14th and see if you find a post that causes the issue. Then look at the post and see what if different about it.

you might want to look at the site's error.log and see if that tells you anything.

africanos23 May 24, 2013 01:46 PM

Seems to be popping up when one article is in common let me delete and edit it to see maybe its the problem

africanos23 May 24, 2013 02:36 PM

Have found the issue it was an article that wasn't showing up on the category. Drafting it fixed the issue. I am currently trying checking in the articles code to see whats messing it up.